White Pine National Recreation Trail

White Pine National Recreation Trail is a 3 mile lightly trafficked loop trail located near Harvard, Idaho. The trail is rated as moderate and primarily used for hiking.

great area. multiple trails that allow many route options. i hiked the three tree butte route but couldnt find the trailhead after hitting the forest service road, but that was probably due to the snow. the first 2 miles is a steady incline and snowshoes will probably be needed after november. will return soon to check out the other trail routes!

There are multiple trails that branch out from the White Pine Campground, including those around Three Tree Butte (easy 3-4-mile hikes) and Bald Mountain (a longer 16-mile hike). We took the trail around Three Tree Butte, and we tramped through a lot of snow and water (multiple streams and rivers were flooded). Luckily we had waterproof boots and gaiters. We didn't encounter anyone on the trail, but it was fairly early in the season (early April). I would recommend going a little bit later in the season.

Sunday, October 30, 2016

Sunday, October 23, 2016

Friday, January 22, 2016

The trail is part of the history of the Pacific Northwest, being part of a project to make trade flow more easily from the interior places of the Old Oregon Territory to the Pacific Coast businesses in California and Oregon State. I good beginners trail. It was the first trail that my fiancée and I hiked together.