Help keep our trails and parks open during COVID-19 by committing to social distancing. Some trails or park services may be closed this weekend so check with local authorities before heading out.
Learn more

White Cloud Nine is a 4 mile moderately trafficked loop trail located near Sun Valley, Idaho that offers scenic views. The trail is rated as moderate and is primarily used for hiking, running, and downhill skiing.

Distance: 4.0 miles Elevation Gain: 456 feet Route Type: Loop

kid friendly

hiking

skiing

running

views

no shade

no dogs

Great easy hike for kids. Can’t get any closer to town than this.

hiking
no shade
1 month ago

Great hike! We accessed the trail from Saddle Road parking lot, which is a steep accent to connect to trail. After that, it was a nice meandering trail. Little to no shade though, so plan accordingly. Lot of mountain bikers, but plenty of places to step aside and let them pass - no problem! loved it, will definitely do this again

mountain biking
muddy
off trail
2 months ago

Still snow on north slopes.

hiking
muddy
snow
2 months ago

hiking
10 months ago

A good entry level hike, for those that don’t mind 1/3 of it on paved path. Good to run.

hiking
11 months ago

Easy hike with lots of beautiful wildflowers and lovely views once you get away from the roads. In July there was hardly anyone on the trail.

hiking
11 months ago

I’m told locals hike this trail when they can’t get out for a proper trail hike. Much of this trail is now developed with McMansions. Also a large section of the last half is “hiking” parallel to a road...

nice hike, not a lot of elevation. exposed to sun. loop trail return ends on the bike path.

hiking
Sat Jun 22 2019

We did Carol’s trail, a shorter version around the mountain. About 1.5 miles with amazing views of the resort and the mountain. Very enjoyable.

hiking
Wed Jun 19 2019

It was a beautiful day with a light breeze making it a nice easy hike with our dog. We actually did the lower loop - Carol's Trail, 1.9miles. View were really spectacular!

mountain biking
Wed Jun 12 2019

Did this trail last year, fun but kinda short.

hiking
Thu May 23 2019

Nice stroll with the dog...would be fun to Mt Bike. Open views, not technical, a nice introduction to the area. Probably very hot if it's sunny.

hiking
Sat Dec 22 2018

I did this trail today, the end of december. it is an awesome snow hike and about 75% of the trail was packed down and easy to hike. the other 25% was about a foot deep and you have to trudge through it, not too bad though. the views are amazing and the trail is very graceful. would definitely call it easy rather than moderate even in the winter. took me almost 2 hours and it was a wonderful time.

hiking
Wed Sep 12 2018

Beautiful views along the way though recent development of some of the land takes away from the hike.

hiking
Wed Jul 04 2018

Couple of options on this trail, light traffic in July, beautiful flowers and nice views. Would rate easy for hikers, gentle hills and well maintained path.

hiking
Wed Dec 27 2017

Nice moderate single track with views of Baldy and Dollar Mountain; optional stop offs at the Sun Valley Club and/or Sun Valley Lodge.

Sat Jul 15 2017

Nice trail for walking or biking. Great views to Baldy. Easy hike for families.

hiking
Sun Jul 09 2017

skiing
Tue Jul 05 2016

Favorite resort in the country.

skiing
Sun Jun 09 2013

Sun Valley, where the movie stars ski. All I can say is that they are right. This is a great ski resort.

hiking
5 days ago

hiking
9 days ago

hiking
11 days ago

hiking
12 days ago

hiking
13 days ago

hiking
17 days ago

hiking
19 days ago

hiking
23 days ago

Showing results 1 - 28 of 81