West Fork Lake and Lookout

West Fork Lake and Lookout is a 9.7 mile lightly trafficked out and back trail located near Bonners Ferry, Idaho that features a lake and is rated as moderate. The trail offers a number of activity options and is best used from April until October. Dogs are also able to use this trail but must be kept on leash.

This is a great hike up to West Fork Lake then up to the fire look out and over to West Fork Peak. It starts out going through some old growth Ceders and across a few little little creeks on a nicely maintained trail. Great views just about the hole hike.

My husband and I backpacked into West Fork Lake this last weekend for 3 days! We camped at the lake and we also hiked up the ridge to the fire tower! Incredible views. The tower is unstable, do not climb it. It would have been cool to go up top, but the bottom steps were all torn out. Flies and mosquitoes were bad, but Sawyer bug lotion seemed to work. I think I only had two bites! So quiet and perfect up there and hope to return in the near future! Worth every moment!

Wednesday, August 30, 2017

Enjoyed our two night backpacking trip to the lake. Good fishing and even a few local wildlife to watch play. the addition of the bear pole is a nice touch to keep you and your food safe.

Saturday, July 15, 2017