Weir Creek Hot Springs

Weir Creek Hot Springs is a 0.7 mile lightly trafficked out and back trail located near Kooskia, Idaho that features hot springs and is rated as moderate. The trail is primarily used for hiking, walking, and bird watching. Dogs are also able to use this trail but must be kept on leash.

Distance: 0.7 miles Elevation Gain: 68 feet Route Type: Out & Back

hot springs

great. short, hilly, cliffside. 1 main tub, 2 smaller.

Did this June 29th the pool was very hot so I could only sit for a few minutes. Gorgeous!

Hiked this on Mother’s Day - trail was in good condition and dry. Weir Creek along the trail is going strong right now - very scenic hike and nice hot springs!

Super Icy right now..... gonna give it about a month to thaw a bit

I went at the end of December. The hike was really easy and short. I would recommend some spikes in the winter but it's not a necessity. The pools were probably around 95-100. It was also heavily trafficked on a Friday afternoon.

My first time here and this is a great winter visit! Be prepared tho microspikes saved my toosh a few times. If you are going bring them! Doable without but my hiking partner hit the ground several times as did his dog. There are several pools but we arrived a little late and got the middle pool. Enough for 2-3 people of your friendly :). Rumors of cars being broken into at the trailhead so take precautions with your valuables.

Sun Oct 21 2018

Weir Creek Hot Springs is a great way to spend the day. It’s only .7 of a mile to the Springs but it is ALL uphill except for the last .1 of a mile. So I’d say it’s a moderate hike even though it’s short. Like everywhere else in Idaho, clothing IS optional, so there will be naked people here; myself and my wife included if we are there. Lol. That being said, everyone, clothed or not is polite and respectful and there are a lot of conversations going on and people just enjoy themselves in general here! Definitely worth the day trip or half day! Go!

Wed Jul 25 2018

Nice secluded spot, at least it was back in 2014. Not sure how it's held up.

Tue Jul 24 2018

Very easy trial, pretty scenery. Fun way to spend a day off.

Fri Jul 20 2018

TOTALLY WORTH IT! I got there during sunrise and had the whole place to myself for two hours. Really short hike to a really wonderful hot spring :)

Fri Apr 13 2018

Mon Jun 12 2017

This was an excellent trail. It wasn't too difficult. We even saw some naked ladies relaxing in one of the hot springs!

Wed Jan 18 2017

Overall excellent hike to the hotsprings! The trail was well cared for but a little steep and slippery in the snow.

Wed Nov 09 2016

Wonderful

Mon Sep 26 2016

easy to moderate hike. hot spring felt amazing!

Mon Nov 19 2018