Weir Creek Hot Springs

Weir Creek Hot Springs is a 0.7 mile lightly trafficked out and back trail located near Orofino, Idaho that features hot springs. The trail is rated as moderate and primarily used for hiking and walking. Dogs are also able to use this trail but must be kept on leash.

hot springs

My first time here and this is a great winter visit! Be prepared tho microspikes saved my toosh a few times. If you are going bring them! Doable without but my hiking partner hit the ground several times as did his dog. There are several pools but we arrived a little late and got the middle pool. Enough for 2-3 people of your friendly :). Rumors of cars being broken into at the trailhead so take precautions with your valuables.

Weir Creek Hot Springs is a great way to spend the day. It’s only .7 of a mile to the Springs but it is ALL uphill except for the last .1 of a mile. So I’d say it’s a moderate hike even though it’s short. Like everywhere else in Idaho, clothing IS optional, so there will be naked people here; myself and my wife included if we are there. Lol. That being said, everyone, clothed or not is polite and respectful and there are a lot of conversations going on and people just enjoy themselves in general here! Definitely worth the day trip or half day! Go!

Nice secluded spot, at least it was back in 2014. Not sure how it's held up.

Very easy trial, pretty scenery. Fun way to spend a day off.

TOTALLY WORTH IT! I got there during sunrise and had the whole place to myself for two hours. Really short hike to a really wonderful hot spring :)

Monday, June 12, 2017

This was an excellent trail. It wasn't too difficult. We even saw some naked ladies relaxing in one of the hot springs!

Wednesday, January 18, 2017

Overall excellent hike to the hotsprings! The trail was well cared for but a little steep and slippery in the snow.

Wednesday, November 09, 2016

Wonderful

Monday, September 26, 2016

easy to moderate hike. hot spring felt amazing!

Tuesday, November 21, 2017