Webster's Dam/Manmade Falls

Webster's Dam/Manmade Falls is a 2.7 mile out and back trail located near Rexburg, Idaho that features a waterfall. The trail is rated as moderate and primarily used for hiking, camping, and mountain biking. Dogs are also able to use this trail but must be kept on leash.

Fairly easy ride. The trail to the Dam is mostly covered by trees so make sure its been warm for a while before going to avoid the snow that sticks around for a while in the early months of the year. There are some fun downhill sections with some climbing as well.

I've been mountain biking a few times on this trail. It is super fun and when you get to falls, it can be fun to follow the trail down to the actual waterfall (but be careful!). the trails are super bumpy and washed out. but all in all a really great experience! :)

NOT WORTH IT
The trail starts on a dirt road and once you are going down the mountain there are 5 or 6 smaller trails that finger off. At the destination it’s really small and disappointing I would never do This hike again

Other than being confused most of the time about which direction to go, this is a pretty nice hike. This site says it's mostly a mountain biking trail but I didn't see any. The trail is mostly an ATV road and has a lot of forks. That being said we ran into A LOT of ATVs. There were even some kids who had driven down to the dam and were shooting guns in the direction of the hiking trail.. we had to yell and scream to make ourselves known. If that wouldn't have happened I would have given it 5 stars because this is a fun area to explore.

I LOVED this trail. Beautiful area. It's a fairly easy hike on the way to the waterfall. However, there were a few points where the road would fork off and we weren't sure which route to take. If you have the whole day it would be fun to explore, but if your limited on time (we did the hike late in the day) I would suggest using the map Alltrails provides to get there quicker. I would like to note that this trail is also utilized by dirt bikes, 4 wheelers, etc. It was pretty quiet when we went, but I'm sure it gets busy with them bc the trails were pretty awesome. Also, the hike back was primarily uphill. If you have younger kids, it gets a little tough for them. But overall it was an awesome hike and we plan to go back again soon

Really a fun trail to hike. I would suggest going in June or July. I went in mid April and there was still snow on the road up, so I had to hike an extra 1.5 miles just to get to the trail. Also, around the loop it gets hard to see where the trail is, just FYI.

This is a fun little trail and it's a pretty good workout. There are a few things you should look out for though. It gets MUDDY, so don't go for a few days after it rains, and the trail is pretty hard to distinguish in places because of washout and fallen trees so make sure you really know where you are.

A fairly easy trail. The portion by Moody creek and the falls is on the green and shady side, and provides some nice single track.

Wednesday, July 05, 2017

I love this trail! Great for adults and older kids, my younger ones needed carried some. Beautiful, excellent hike!

Saturday, June 03, 2017

Beautiful hike, not for the weak hearted, the waterfall is beautiful as well.

Friday, June 02, 2017

Make sure if you're driving there you take the right road to the start of the trail head. our GPS told us we're were on the fastest route but it was not the best for a pickup truck, we eventually had to stop and hike to the trail head then realized there was a different road coming in and sent someone back for the truck. the trail is pretty obvious until you start the loop, if you go right at the fork and follow the power lines it leads to the edge of the mountain then there's a little opening into the trees on the mountain. I would recommend not going down that way there is not a set trail and I just had to follow my satellite compass with the trail map on the app. so at the fork (start of the loop it shows on the trail map) go left and it's a lot clearer easier path. and then come back up that way too.

Friday, July 01, 2016

Really fun hike, we bushwhacked back around the east end of the trail, back right before the last little canyon, got down to the river and there was a really cool waterfall and campsite, we went tried to go up to the main trail later by the waterfall and up a little ways there was a car, crashed right of the path. if you are looking for an easier hike you will want to turn left at the first junction. Really fun and enjoyable hike.

off road driving
Monday, June 20, 2016

Took our 4wd vehicles down to the waterfall for a group activity. Easy driving, but it gets technical as you get closer - you'll want a spotter if you have a larger vehicle. I went in my Pathfinder and made it in and out without much trouble. Nice area for a gathering. Cows are common. There are some logs to cross over and get to the middle area where the creek splits and goes around you to a waterfall on either side.

Sunday, May 15, 2016

We followed the directions given on the site. We stopped just short of the directions at a turnoff where a few vehicles were parked. From there you follow the huge power lines down to the dam, about 40 minute hike down. Some of the hills are very steep! I would go again but only if we drove an atv, razor or dirt bike just because the hills were pretty challenging. Once there the dam is very beautiful and there are ledges and boulders to sit on. There's a small grassy area to sit as well.

Monday, June 17, 2013

This is a pretty fun ride. Nice to get out there and stretch your legs. There are several hills that provide some fun descents. The climbs aren't too bad. We went pretty early in the year and there was still snow in the trail. I would wait until May at the earliest to go. The old dam at the bottom of the trail provides a great view worth seeing. Overall a fun trail.

Saturday, August 05, 2017