Vineyard Lake Trail is a 1.5 mile lightly trafficked out and back trail located near Eden, Idaho that features a lake and is good for all skill levels. The trail is primarily used for hiking.

Length1.5 miElevation gain200 ftRoute typeOut & back
Photos (22)
Activities (13)
Completed (49)
Joseph Henriksen
Yellow StarYellow StarYellow StarYellow StarYellow StarYellow StarGray StarGray StarGray StarGray StarMarch 14, 2021
Hiking

Decent, you have to go through a farmers field. He was there and has no problem with it.

View Joseph's activity
Keli Teh
Yellow StarYellow StarYellow StarYellow StarYellow StarYellow StarYellow StarYellow StarYellow StarYellow StarMarch 14, 2021
Hiking

One of the best and easiest hikes in twin falls

View Keli's activity
Stephanie Lee
Yellow StarYellow StarYellow StarYellow StarYellow StarYellow StarYellow StarYellow StarYellow StarYellow StarJanuary 16, 2021
Hiking

The trail wasn’t very apparent but it was a nice little spot for a short hike

View Stephanie 's activity
Josie Campos
Yellow StarYellow StarGray StarGray StarGray StarGray StarGray StarGray StarGray StarGray StarSeptember 24, 2020

Sadly, the directions to get to this trail were not accurate. There is no access due to it being a private property road and roads were closed. We did see cool beehives, cows and a pack of deers run through, though. Beautiful agricultural land...

Patricia Christiansen
Yellow StarYellow StarYellow StarYellow StarGray StarGray StarGray StarGray StarGray StarGray StarJuly 5, 2020

I rated this hike low, but in all honesty I am not sure I found the best trail for descent to the lake. Finding the trail head was difficult. We tried to approach it several different ways with three routes ending with "do not enter" signs. Finally one article pointed us in the right direction...Take the 900 road and turn left at the tee. We would have missed the trail head had there not been a group of hikers on it when we arrived. I will post picts . I read reviews of the hike being easy and kid friendly but the route I ended up on was not. I had my 8 yo and 6 yo grandkids, and it was a bit sketchy at times. Part of the trail we took was climbing over rocks. When we finally made it near the water we found getting to the water very tricky. There was no bank but large boulders to climb down and sit on that were partly submerged. The kids had fun and did a bit of swimming there but it wasn't a relaxing as we were trying to balance and not slip on the slimy submerged rocks. My husband turned back partway and met someone who told him we took the wrong path. So there is a better one there somewhere, I think along the rim instead of through the valley. The valley path might be more for the cliff jumpers. I was disappointed in the amount of litter too. We were on the side of the lake near the waterfalls which makes me think we were on the wrong side for what we were wanting- a nice hike and a relaxing dip. There were a lot of younger people diving off the cliffs and really enjoying themselves! And I was expecting a much larger waterfall, from my angle it appeared to be a 4ft drop maybe. So I rated this low but with the caveat that I went the wrong way...I think.

Morgan Heath
Yellow StarYellow StarYellow StarYellow StarYellow StarYellow StarYellow StarYellow StarYellow StarYellow StarJune 14, 2020
Hiking

Make sure to have it pulled up on GPS trail can be hard to follow.

View Morgan's activity
Lori Doutre
Yellow StarYellow StarGray StarGray StarGray StarGray StarGray StarGray StarGray StarGray StarJune 4, 2020
Hiking

The direction are wrong from the website... took me to some cool looking beehives though...

Casey Tuoto
Yellow StarYellow StarYellow StarYellow StarYellow StarYellow StarYellow StarYellow StarYellow StarYellow StarMay 29, 2020
HikingRocky
View Casey's activity
Jessica Whitehead
Yellow StarYellow StarYellow StarYellow StarYellow StarYellow StarYellow StarYellow StarYellow StarYellow StarMay 15, 2020
Rocky

Our family really enjoyed this hike though it was a little hard for our 5-year-old. I definitely feel this trail is more of a moderate than an easy. You definitely have to follow your GPS through this app to follow the correct path as there are a bunch of offshoot paths that were a bit confusing. The beginning is confusing too because the beginning feels like you're going through private property through some farmers field. But the lake and the small waterfall there were worth it.

Kelsi Mason
Yellow StarYellow StarYellow StarYellow StarYellow StarYellow StarYellow StarYellow StarYellow StarYellow StarMay 6, 2020
HikingPrivate propertyRocky

I'd say this was more of a moderate hike because of the rock climbing. The trails aren't marked so we went a few different directions before we found the trail we wanted. It was quite, beautiful, and worth it!

Mark T .
Yellow StarYellow StarYellow StarYellow StarYellow StarYellow StarYellow StarYellow StarYellow StarYellow StarApril 19, 2020

Has been a favorite for years. Caves, small waterfalls, hiking and climbing, freshwater spring with a sink-sand pool, frogs and lizards and crayfish to catch. best part = no one around - especially on weekdays.

Stanley Nebeker
Yellow StarYellow StarYellow StarYellow StarYellow StarYellow StarYellow StarYellow StarYellow StarYellow StarApril 18, 2020
HikingPrivate propertyRocky

It wasn’t as easy as I thought it would be but still worth going.

Juan Hiraldo
Yellow StarYellow StarYellow StarYellow StarYellow StarYellow StarYellow StarYellow StarYellow StarYellow StarApril 14, 2020
HikingPrivate property

It is really pretty, but you start out by walking through a farmers field. But after that is really pretty. Totally recommend it.

View Juan's activity
Jordon Williams
Yellow StarYellow StarYellow StarYellow StarYellow StarYellow StarYellow StarYellow StarGray StarGray StarMarch 25, 2020
Hiking

Fun hike. Not much of a trail but after you cross some farmer’s pasture and drop down into the canyon it has some fun rock climbing for little kids. Good trip to start the season with kids. Nice views as well.

Eli Dunn
Yellow StarYellow StarYellow StarYellow StarYellow StarYellow StarYellow StarYellow StarYellow StarYellow StarJanuary 15, 2020
First to Review

Winter afternoon hike. Warm 20 with no wind at all. Starts on a cattle trail before gently descending into the canyon. Mild scrambling, but fun with the snow making it slippery. Beautiful and cold lake with perfect spots for cliff jumping. If you follow the creek through the briar you get to a pond fed from the rocks. Excellent hike.

View Eli's activity
Sean Armatage
Yellow StarYellow StarYellow StarYellow StarYellow StarYellow StarGray StarGray StarGray StarGray StarApril 18, 2021
View Sean's activity
Jody Lim
Yellow StarYellow StarGray StarGray StarGray StarGray StarGray StarGray StarGray StarGray StarSeptember 6, 2020
View Jody's activity
Aman Kaur
Gray StarGray StarGray StarGray StarGray StarGray StarGray StarGray StarGray StarGray StarSeptember 1, 2020
View Aman's activity
Steve Turner
Yellow StarYellow StarYellow StarYellow StarYellow StarYellow StarYellow StarYellow StarYellow StarYellow StarApril 25, 2020
View Steve's activity
Drew Buck
Yellow StarYellow StarYellow StarYellow StarYellow StarYellow StarYellow StarYellow StarYellow StarYellow StarApril 22, 2020
View Drew's activity