Veterans Trail

Veterans Trail is a 2.3 mile lightly trafficked loop trail located near Eagle, Idaho that offers scenic views. The trail is rated as moderate and primarily used for hiking and trail running. Dogs are also able to use this trail but must be kept on leash.

It was a narrow trail lightly traveled by bikes and hikers today and we met a few nice doggies along the way. We took pictures of the wild flowers , beetles and two lizards. It was a nice leisurely hike for beginners. There is a park across Hill rd with restroom access.

Decent hike. Trail is really overgrown. Very narrow trail, looks like it’s made more for bikes. Speaking of which, tons of bikers when I went. Only saw one other hiker. There are definitely better trails around, but this one isn’t terrible.

Great little hike, especially if you live near by. I recommend evening. Summer sunsets with thunder clouds can give a beautiful disorder colors! Also the Arrowleaf Balsam Root flowers (like sunflowers) cover the hills in August/early September.

A great little hike close to the northwest side of Boise. Very easy trail, well marked. I took the Big Springs Loop once I got to the top intersection. Just a little over 2 miles that way. This is a very popular trail with mountain bikers, so use caution around blind corners.

nice trail .. overgrown plants in trail and pretty rocky. lots of insects/wildlife. rolling hills and suburban views.

Thursday, December 01, 2016

Clean trail, not a ton to look at.

Easily accessible off the main road and perfect for a lunch break loop.

Friday, May 27, 2016

Easy trail that climbs some minor hills. Nothing hard or difficult. lots of intersecting trails all through the area. Easy hike...much less populated then other local hiking areas

Friday, June 06, 2014

The only part the dog needs to be leashed I near our hallowed grounds....I see this as being respectful to my fellow vets. I would rather your dog did not desecrate our soldier's graves. Is this an issue?

Saturday, February 22, 2014

Dogs must be kept on leash, what is the point of that? This is a great hiking trail with nice views. Trail is an out and back.

Sunday, May 14, 2017