Snow Falls Trail #189 is a 1.2 mile moderately trafficked out and back trail located near Moravia, Idaho that features a waterfall and is rated as moderate. The trail is primarily used for hiking, walking, nature trips, and birding and is best used from April until October. Dogs are also able to use this trail but must be kept on leash.

private property

The trailhead and first 500 feet are provided in cooperation with private land owners. Please respect private property! Enjoy a short hike, .7 of a mile to Upper Snow Creek falls- and .7 mile back. Part of the way through the trail, you'll come to a small sign as the trail splits. The left will take you to the lower falls and the trail to the right takes you to the upper falls. Be courteous as the trail can get narrow in places. If you see somebody coming, step aside to allow them through. This trail can be pretty heavily traveled at times with several vehicles parked at the trailhead- other times you may be the only people out on the trail. Be courteous, do not let dogs run loose- and please do not litter. The trail can be fairly wet during spring breakup and you will find muddy, icy and snow filled spots well into April or May. Trail will typically be accessible Late Spring, Summer and well into the Fall- though you may deal with some downed trees, snow, running water, etc in the springtime before it gets cleaned up!

It was beautiful, I feel like the distance is a little off, although we explored around the falls, I showed a little over 3 total.

Easy hike in. Beautiful upper and lower falls. So peaceful.

Beautiful pools and rock. Trail is shaded. Worth the drive. Turn at the bridge closed sign near the refuge

An easy walk. I recommend going in spring when the falls are really raging!

Great short hike with BIG rewards! My pup LOVES this hike.

Closed July 11-Aug 2. ☹️

Good hike. Beautiful area. Trail is well traveled and easy to follow.

Beautiful! Don’t forget your bug spray.

Beautiful hike!

Short but well maintained trail. The falls were running fast and heavy yesterday, and I hear in the late summer some great swimming pools are in the falls when it’s not running so hard. Will be back

I went on a Tuesday in April and it was beyond fabulous. I got there at noon and saw 2 other people. The road up is dirt/gravel but was well maintained. There is a sign at the trailhead and the directions from AllTrails was right on point. You do have to park on the side of the road but there was very little traffic on this little back road when I went. The falls are raging with all the snow runoff. Upper Falls was my favorite but both are beautiful. The trail is also well maintained. A few muddy areas from all the melted snow but not bad at all. This little trail and waterfall exceeded my expectations! It was a fun day!

Kinda hard to spot at first as its on the side of the road. The beginning of the path is pretty thin yet thickens at the half way point to the cross path of upper or lower falls. Took the high falls first and its enchanting. The route is through the forest with many little bridges. Then we were off to the lower falls and it was a quick hike. All in all this trail is fantastic. We take our young kids on all of our hikes as we do not know anyone here. My 6 year old loved it and my 3 year old needed some help half way up at the end. That is a good day :) worth the drive from CDA

Wednesday, September 20, 2017

Great hike for the whole family

Monday, September 11, 2017

The waterfalls are great. hike super easy. Lots of smoke from the fires.

Monday, April 24, 2017

Easy hike that my 3 year old daughter had no problems with. Many little bridges and resting benches. Occasional muddy places in mid April of 2017.

Monday, April 24, 2017

Beautiful little hike! Worth the drive!

Sunday, July 09, 2017