Upper Palisades Lake Trail to Lower Palisades Lake

Upper Palisades Lake Trail to Lower Palisades Lake is a 9.9 mile out and back trail located near Irwin, Idaho that offers the chance to see wildlife and is rated as moderate. The trail offers a number of activity options and is best used from March until November. Dogs are also able to use this trail but must be kept on leash.

stream kept us cool. nice hike.

This was an awesome hike and fairly easy, in my opinion. Be careful not to trip on rocks downhill on the way back to the trailhead like I did ;)

We only went to the lower palisades lake, but it was a beautiful hike! Its well shaded for about 3/4 of the lower trail. One negivite, the trail was over grown in a few areas and the trail was very narrow in those areas. Other than that, it was an awesome hike and we'll be going again.

Great trail to take kids on, but be aware that there are numerous spots where the trail drops more or less to the river below. So keep an eye on the little ones! Take out what you take in and remember hiking courtesies... there's tons of people using this trail, so let's keep it looking as natural as possible.

My favorite hike around here. An easy day hike to the lower lake.

Beautiful, not hard at all. Fishing was great.

This is a fun backpacking trail with camping at lower and upper and other trails that break off from the lakes. It's a really fun area to explore.

Fantastic scenery, great hike, and we saw a Moose! I love the campground area near Lower Palisades lake, it was a great place to eat our lunch in the shade.

Great hiking trail

One of my favorites. I often continue on to the falls.

Wednesday, August 09, 2017

Great for a day hike or an overnighter.

Friday, August 04, 2017

Very nice hike; the trail is well maintained and mostly in the shade, which is very nice. All stream crossings have bridges. Quite a few others on the trail today, but it is a Friday.

Tuesday, July 25, 2017

This was a really fun hike and a beautiful trail. The trail goes along the creek the whole way up to the lake with several bridge crossings. We wanted to go fishing on the lake (lower palisades) but it is surrounded by brush and we didn't find any good fishing spots.

Monday, July 24, 2017

It was a good hike, 2.5 hours up with a 6 year old and a 1.5 year old. Stopped and had a picnic, and hiked down. The river was fast flowing and beautiful. It was a little tough for us, as it was our first hike. Make sure you bring enough water!

Saturday, June 03, 2017

Trail needs some clean up and was flooded in some parts. Over all great hike with my dogs!

Monday, November 07, 2016

This is the Palisades Creek trail. Same at the Upper Palisades Lake trail, just stopping at the Lower Lake. One of my favorite hikes! Beautiful in November

Saturday, September 03, 2016

Great day hike along beautiful Palisades creek! Saw several moose at the lower lake and if you look closely, cutthroat trout as well.

Sunday, September 17, 2017