Table Rock Trail

Table Rock Trail is a 3.7 mile heavily trafficked loop trail located near Boise, Idaho that features beautiful wild flowers and is rated as moderate. The trail offers a number of activity options and is best used from March until November. Dogs are also able to use this trail but must be kept on leash.

Typically a very busy trail used by young and old alike. There are some very steep sections but also other routes to mitigate these. Cell service throughout entire hike. City overlook over the majority of the hike. Main features "the Cross" and "quarry". Can also drive to top to main view. Little to NO shade, no water, takes an average person about 45mins to 1hr to hike to the top. Hike to the top and return though there are multiple routes you can take up and back.

Beautiful view when you reach the top!!!

This is an easily accessible trail, close to town. The climb can be intense, but the view is worth stopping for from time to time on the way up. Be sure to take plenty of water for the trip, especially in warmer weather.

Great trail to backpack train on. I take my weight vest here to do runs. Lots of traffic on the weekends but great early morning. Beautiful city view at the top for sunset and best sunrise view from the back part of the top.

It was fun! A litter tough in some areas for the kids. I highly recommend going down and checking out the caves. There is some broken glass, but really cool otherwise.

It was a great first hike for us. There was a bit of traffic, but the views were great and the trail was well worn and easy to navigate.

this was one of my first full trail hikes. slow and steady I did it. I was so proud of myself when I reached the top.

very fun, great view

great conditioning hike. 1hr up and back

Great hike with great views. A little tough if your out of shape. Loose sand and gravel in spots. Take a water for the walk up and a Gatorade for the walk down.

Steep run and a well kept trail. The view in fantastic.

I am so happy I finally did this after living here all my life. It is a little tough but a great work out! And so beautiful!

If you’re looking for a good hike to get a sweat going, this is it

Busy trail with lots of dogs on leashes. It was steep so might be a workout. Beautiful view from the top made it worthwhile. Consider a stop at the old Idaho State Pen while there. It’s at the bottom of the trailhead and very interesting.

great trail for beginners.

OK hike. Lots of people, decent view from the top and facilities available at trailhead. Cigarette butts, on trail and at peak, and graffiti detract from the experience. If you're more of a solitude seeker there are other trails nearby that may suit your tastes better but this is worth the trip if you have never done it.

Great little hike

Great trail for walking the dog!

Nice trail with some steep sections and loose sand. Great vibes of Boise.

Good place to take the kids for a quick hike or if you are just getting them into hiking. Our kids easily did it at 4 and 5 years. There is no shade, but since it only takes about 45 minutes it's not a problem.

I suppose the rating really is subjective based on what each individual is searching for. If what you’re looking for is untouched nature and peace and quiet, you’ll not really find this here. It’s HIGHLY trafficked as one of the most popular and easy to access trails and you’ll see some graffiti on the rocks. The hike is uphill all the way but not very strenuous; you’ll see people of all ages on the trail. You’ll also see a lot of dogs. Unfortunately, not everyone complies with the requirement for a leash so be prepared for that IF your dog is reactive or if you’re not a fan of dogs. We take ours on a leash and they do well! It is HOT at this time of year so make sure you bring plenty of water. There is one area where there were a few trees providing shade but that’s the exception and not the rule; that’s one of the stops we made for a dog water break. No trekking poles required.

The trail is composed of finely packed dirt for the majority of the way and the end yields a pretty epic view of Boise. All-in-all, if you’re looking for a quick work out or short hike, this meets that intent.

Went out with family to this hike. It was 80 degrees with a slight breeze. Perfect hike and something great to do in a weekend. Not too crowded Either. Beautiful views. It is uphill the whole way and then downhill all the way back. No shade really. Bring water. Nothing too strenuous. A lot of younger kids on trials , so kid friendly. Dogs welcomed too.

Great neighborhood backyard hike

Hiked this trail today with our 11 year old twins. Beautiful hike and so worth it. Pretty easy though we did have to take a couple ‘breaks’ for our child but it was lovely! Saw all ages conquering the hike! We did the longest trail we could find.

I hiked this trail for the very first time today. I am a beginner hiker so the trail was pretty decent and my 6 year old had an amazing time as well. I learned is there are different trails to take to get to the top of table rock and that was cool.

yay!

It’s got some spectacular views.

Not a particularly attractive trail going up (very open and no trees), but the view from the top is about as good as you can get in Boise.

Fun, accessible, short hike. Great views atop a lacustrine sandstone deposit!

let me add one thing: if you go during the old penitentiary museum's open hours, you can use their restrooms and cold drinking fountain.

A great urban hiking destination. You can take the #17 bus from downtown Boise all the way to the Old Penitentiary to find the trailhead. Nice varied trail. May has an incredible wildflower display! I felt like a bad a$$ until I saw the preschooler hiking back down. Haha.