Table Rock Trail

Table Rock Trail is a 3.7 mile heavily trafficked loop trail located near Boise, Idaho that features beautiful wild flowers and is rated as moderate. The trail offers a number of activity options and is best used from March until November. Dogs and horses are also able to use this trail.

Distance: 3.7 miles Elevation Gain: 895 feet Route Type: Loop

Typically a very busy trail used by young and old alike. There are some very steep sections but also other routes to mitigate these. Cell service throughout entire hike. City overlook over the majority of the hike. Main features "the Cross" and "quarry". Can also drive to top to main view. Little to NO shade, no water, takes an average person about 45mins to 1hr to hike to the top. Hike to the top and return though there are multiple routes you can take up and back.

I had a blast hiked up and jogged down. great views. very popular though. Lots of trash and restroom at bottom is pretty gross. trail is very wide so u can hike next to your partner.

This is a great hike! It has great views and it’s challenging but very do-able if you’re in decent enough shape. No shade, and the trail is very busy on the weekends. I definitely recommend this trail to anyone visiting Boise and wants to see the city!

MTB - loved it. Definitely challenging, but not too steep.

Good views from top and nice wildflowers along the trail. Considering the buzzing of electricity through the overheard powerlines, it is not much of a nature hike. lets not forget the gigantic cross. Trail is entirely exposed to the sun. Recommend doing early morning or evening. Interesting geological information on signs closer to the top.

This was more difficult than I expected. I’m in my 30’s and fairly active, usually hike “moderate” trails and this was pushing on “difficult”. Very steep and strenuous. New hikers would have trouble and need to take breaks to breath. Bring water. Great views once you reach the summit. Going down is much easier on the breathing, but tough on the ankles. Wear hiking shoes for better traction.

this was a workout for me. I think it was going down that had my calves sore the next day. the view at the top is better than I expected. I would not recommend this for toddlers unless you don't mind carrying them part ways. unlike other reviewers, I don't think this was a stroll in the park.

Nice stroll. Great view from the top. It rained and hailed the day I went.

I would recommend this trail to anyone including those with small children. Easy climb to the top with plenty of spaces to rest or take some pictures. Very scenic views from about any place. Highly recommended.

My first Boise hike! Great views. Lovely and respectful trail-users.

great hike not too hard+lovely views. Pretty busy trail. only issue we had was some people dont keep dogs on leashes.

This hike made me fall in love with living in Boise so much more!

This is not a moderate hike if you are new to hiking!!!!

New to Boise but can already tell this is going to be a go to hike for introducing visitors to the city and enjoying the sunshine.

my go-to trail for quick exercise!

Can get very muddy after rainfall

Nice hike! The elevated view of downtown Boise at the top is nice. There are a lot of people hiking this trail on the weekends, but everyone is cordial. This is a good hike to bring the kids.

Heavily traveled so well defined paths. Good workout and easy to get to.

Nice incline

challenging. the trail has dried up and is smoothing out nicely

I love this trail come here all time still a bit cold this time of the year but still enjoyed it!

This is my go to hike with my kiddo. It’s challenging enough to be a great workout but safe and fun for my 4 year old as well. Beautiful views of Boise!

Very muddy and a lot of people, but beautiful view.

Nice trail. Good views from the summit.

Great trail with beautiful views of Boise and the Treasure Valley. Nice combination of flats and ascents.

This trail was a combination of beautiful views and good steady incline for a solid work out. I will definitely hike this again!

Very easy trail to enjoy in the early morning to watch the sunrise

Great walk with my 8 year old daughter. Stunning views.

Table Rock Trail is my go-to for friend & family hiking. I have a 10-year old & a 4-year old. As an adult, the later-part of this trail gets intense (slightly steeper incline). Still fine for the kids but they'll be trekking slower, & you can feel it in your thighs, butt, & lungs! At the top, enjoy an incredible view, a bench to rest on, lots of selfies, & drink fluids!!! Then the trip down is enjoyable & fairly easy, just be careful you take it slow (especially kiddos) or you might slip on the dirt & fall on your butt. Happy Trailing!

Great way to start the day with a beautiful view of the Treasure Valley!