Stevens Lakes

Stevens Lakes is a 4 mile out and back trail located near Mullan, Idaho that features a lake and is rated as moderate. The trail is primarily used for hiking, trail running, and fly fishing and is best used from June until October. Dogs are also able to use this trail but must be kept on leash.

fly fishing

Absolutely stunning view at the end. Read reviews ahead and came in expecting a steep hike, and boy was it ever. Definitely worth the work though. Take a snack to enjoy looking over the lake!

Hiked up for an overnighter with some friends. Beautiful! Day tripped up to Stevens Peak in the morning. Quite a steep, roundabout hike but the views were incredible. Love this area!

Pretty steep trail, but well worth the climb.

This was my third trip to Steven's, and again it didn't dissapoint. However, it was the first time I had backpacked in and stayed overnight. We went on a Wednesday and had the lakes to ourselves. Other than the thick smoke from the wildfires, it was a great stay.

Check out my Youtube video for aerial footage of the lakes and the peak! This was all shot using a drone. Leave a thumbs up if you enjoyed! https://youtu.be/yraAW8G70fM

Rando peu fréquentée ce 27 août, commence par un chemin, puis un sentier et cela monte raide pendant 40mn, plat sur 10mn et à nouveau pente raide, passage dans un pierrier. Mais la récompense est au bout, ce lac est superbe.

This hike was amazing. All of the directions and maps are very accurate. We love hikes where you follow a river or creek to your destination, it makes the hike so peaceful and even more enjoyable. I loved reaching the lower lake, it is so beautiful and quiet, even though we had a group of college girls come running out of the trees screaming because they had reached the lake. We also continued on to the upper lake, which was a bit difficult for us to find the true trail, we kept finding trails that led us into marsh land, but we eventually found the trail. It was probably 7 miles total and it took us just under 5 hours.

was a super fun hike kids, wife and I loved it

Fantastic

awesomeee

There is a beautiful lake at the end of the trail. The hike is pretty steep in some areas and you may end up crossing a few rocky areas. Wear hiking boots! I blew my boots out on the hike down due to such a steep decline, I was due for new ones anyway.There is a small waterfall along the way too. I would not recommend this hike for children under 12. Bring water!
I've hiked it twice, it takes about 4 hours roundtrip. It is a bit crowded depending on the day, the month and the weather. Not many places to camp overnight along the lake. Absolutely gorgeous mountains surrounding the lower lake. The lake was cold in August and the beach is rocky. I'll go again, I love this hike!

This is a tough hike going up, pack light, bring plenty of water, and be ready for some steep vertical hiking. The lakes at the top are beautiful, a tad bit cold but refreshing. We did see a bunch of fish jumping, I wish I had packed my fly pole up. Coming down was much easier, a bit steep in spots and loose rock made caused me to slide a few times. Overall a great hike, I'll do it again but I'll pack a tent and sleep at the top at one of the camping spots.

I love to backpack overnight at one of the spots by either upper or Lower Stevens Lakes. The upper lake sits in a beautiful natural cirque that gives gorgeous views in the mornings. The lakes are true Alpine Lakes, but can warm up a bit in late summer. The trail is moderate difficulty, however it does include some rocky sections, and some sections that with a full backpack load, can be a bit strenuous to ascend. Bring water in warm weather, and something to purify lake water, but expect heavy snow cover much of winter and early spring.

great fishing in upper, no real size but it's a mountain lake.

My boys (11 & 9) and I just spent 3 days and 2 nights at the upper lake. Awesome time! We fished and caught a whole mess of little brookies. And swam in both lakes! We hiked up to the snow fields and would have gone to the ridge but the boys were happy just playing in the snow. I give it 4 stars because of the lack of trail up to the ridge. There is a bit of a trail to get through the thick undergrowth but it is so over grown this time of year it was still quite challenging. Beyond that, there are a number of "trails" that disappear after a time. Not a big deal, but hiking the ridges is something people do often so developing a trail more completely seems like a good idea.

A nice jaunt to the lower lake; arrived in an hour. The upper is another ~25 mins.

The trail is steep in sections and is covered with loose rock. A typical hike in this neck of the woods. Hot today and plenty of folks on the move but an enjoyable 4 hours away from Spokane.

the trail was quite populated and rather rough in spots. With quite a few unfortunate shortcuts cut into the landscape but a wonderful hike and would do it again. it was a rather rigorous uphill hike but totally worth it