Stevens Lakes

Stevens Lakes is a 4 mile out and back trail located near Mullan, Idaho that features a lake and is rated as moderate. The trail is primarily used for hiking, trail running, and fly fishing and is best used from June until October. Dogs are also able to use this trail but must be kept on leash.

fly fishing

hike to lower Stevens Lake September 23rd 2017. beautiful hike lots of different terrain along the way. Trail starts on an old road, then goes into shady switchbacks following a creek most of the way. There are two areas of rock slides where you really need to watch your footing. Hiking boots recommended. You might see the cute little pikas in the rocks. The trail is a steady uphill climb but the lake at the top is worth the climb! we had the whole lake to ourselves! There was a tiny bit of snow on the trail as you head into the lake. And a dusting of snow on the mountain side with fall colors showing through. The lake was beautiful, clean and clear.

Views were great. Lots of steep switchbacks but well worth it. Trail in good condition. No snow

JoRayne and I reached the upper lake where we were greeted by 10" of snow that was slowly melting with the above freezing temp. We headed West, through the brush, and up the snow covered West slope (18-24") to the ridge line North of the peak. Crampons were necessary and the ice axe was beneficial.

The temps were well below freezing with the gusting wind. Great views as the clouds closed over the peak and rim and even more impressive how swiftly they withdrew during the 30 minutes we were on the ridge. Reaching the peak from our location in these weather conditions wasn't safe with the gear we had in our possession so we scoped out some alternate routes and will return another day to see the sights from the very top.

Absolutely stunning view at the end. Read reviews ahead and came in expecting a steep hike, and boy was it ever. Definitely worth the work though. Take a snack to enjoy looking over the lake!

Hiked up for an overnighter with some friends. Beautiful! Day tripped up to Stevens Peak in the morning. Quite a steep, roundabout hike but the views were incredible. Love this area!

Pretty steep trail, but well worth the climb.

This was my third trip to Steven's, and again it didn't dissapoint. However, it was the first time I had backpacked in and stayed overnight. We went on a Wednesday and had the lakes to ourselves. Other than the thick smoke from the wildfires, it was a great stay.

Check out my Youtube video for aerial footage of the lakes and the peak! This was all shot using a drone. Leave a thumbs up if you enjoyed! https://youtu.be/yraAW8G70fM

Rando peu fréquentée ce 27 août, commence par un chemin, puis un sentier et cela monte raide pendant 40mn, plat sur 10mn et à nouveau pente raide, passage dans un pierrier. Mais la récompense est au bout, ce lac est superbe.

This hike was amazing. All of the directions and maps are very accurate. We love hikes where you follow a river or creek to your destination, it makes the hike so peaceful and even more enjoyable. I loved reaching the lower lake, it is so beautiful and quiet, even though we had a group of college girls come running out of the trees screaming because they had reached the lake. We also continued on to the upper lake, which was a bit difficult for us to find the true trail, we kept finding trails that led us into marsh land, but we eventually found the trail. It was probably 7 miles total and it took us just under 5 hours.

was a super fun hike kids, wife and I loved it

Fantastic

awesomeee

There is a beautiful lake at the end of the trail. The hike is pretty steep in some areas and you may end up crossing a few rocky areas. Wear hiking boots! I blew my boots out on the hike down due to such a steep decline, I was due for new ones anyway.There is a small waterfall along the way too. I would not recommend this hike for children under 12. Bring water!
I've hiked it twice, it takes about 4 hours roundtrip. It is a bit crowded depending on the day, the month and the weather. Not many places to camp overnight along the lake. Absolutely gorgeous mountains surrounding the lower lake. The lake was cold in August and the beach is rocky. I'll go again, I love this hike!

This is a tough hike going up, pack light, bring plenty of water, and be ready for some steep vertical hiking. The lakes at the top are beautiful, a tad bit cold but refreshing. We did see a bunch of fish jumping, I wish I had packed my fly pole up. Coming down was much easier, a bit steep in spots and loose rock made caused me to slide a few times. Overall a great hike, I'll do it again but I'll pack a tent and sleep at the top at one of the camping spots.