Stanley Lake to Bridalveil Falls Trail

Stanley Lake to Bridalveil Falls Trail is a 7.3 mile moderately trafficked out and back trail located near Stanley, Idaho that features a waterfall and is good for all skill levels. The trail offers a number of activity options and is best used from June until September. Dogs are also able to use this trail but must be kept on leash.

The walk to the base of the falls is a pretty easy trek, but a couple of things to note to make the most of it: There's not much of a view from the bottom, and it's worth the scramble up the left side to get to the actual falls.. The beginning of the climb is through the forest and there's some handholds on various trees and branches, but the end is a scramble up some slippery scree. Not a very long climb but I feel this is worth mentioning because it really isn't appropriate for "all skill levels" at that point and IMO worth it to actually see the falls (pictured). Also there's 2 creek crossings, the 1st has a couple single logs to balance on to get across but the 2nd crossing doesn't have any logs. I did it late season so i was able to find some shallow spots to cross, but if it were earlier season, plan to take your shoes off or get wet. Lovely hike!

Starts with a beautiful walk in a valley and ends with a fun but tough scramble up to the falls (the route on here doesn’t include the scramble). The stretch in the woods inbetween is unspectacular.

Well, this is a beautiful trail. The first part of the trail doesn't have a whole lot of shade, but there are places where there is a creek bed where dogs can cool off. There is a fairly short section that has an incline, but not too bad at all. There is a river crossing that does have some logs across it that make it possible to cross without wading through the water. After the first river crossing; the trail is super easy and well shaded. There is a wooden sign attached to a tree (not sure on distance from the river, but a mile-ish...) that directs you to the right to get to Bridal Veil Falls. You will go down that trail a short distance and come to another river crossing. This one doesn't have logs across it that I found, so I just took my shoes off and waded through, definitely was a nice cool down! At this point however, is where that 5th star left my rating. To get closer to the falls, it is a very steep and not really well marked or clear trail unfortunately, so I didn't feel comfortable enough to go all the way to the falls (was by myself).
I still love this trail, and will do go again. The views are amazing!!

We decided to do Lady Face falls which I cannot seem to find on all trails as it’s own thing. Lady Face falls is in a nice cool canyon just right off the path about 2.4 into it. The flat first miles with views of McGown peak are nice as well.

Beautiful hike. Some open fields in the beginning with gorgeous views of McGowan Peak. The hike itself is very easy with little gain. We never really got a good view of Brideveil Falls, but there is a little trail off to the side before you reach the rover crossing to see the other set of falls that were good. You can climb down on the rocks to get a really good view here. The river crossing was easy, but it did go up about 1.5ft and was about 20ft across (and is quite cold). We could have turned around at the crossing and it still would have been a great hike.

Beautiful. River crossing was a little difficult. Got wet. Never really found the falls but...

Hiked on 6/12/18. Had to take boots off and wade across two crossings, but other than that good trail.

The trail to the falls themselves was rather steep so I'm not sure it's recommended as the view from the bottom is just fine.

I attempted this hike on Thursday, May 24, 2018. No issue with snow but from what I understand you have to cross the creek in order to get to the falls, that wasn't going to happen, so I had to turn around. I tried to find another way across but to no avail. Had the trail all to myself, not a soul in sight. I'll post a few pix...

Attempted this one a few days ago - for all intents and purposes, this should be a pretty easy hike. The snow has mostly melted around Stanley Lake, making the beginning of this hike very deceptive. After a mile or two in, the snow is still pretty deep with plenty of post-holing up to about mid-thigh on me. I made it approximately 3 miles in until I met the "creek" which is now ~30 ft across with no way to cross unless you want to wade through the water and then continue walking in the snow. The cool water will likely be refreshing once it warms up a bit more, will have to try this one again after the snow melts.

Thursday, August 31, 2017

impossible to reach due to river crossing.

Wednesday, July 12, 2017

On 7/8/17, with 4 kids as young as 6, we made it just shy of the falls. The 40' wide "creek" was more than we bargained for. To help the kids stay focused on the 3 mile trek back down to the lake, I suggested they count the trees impeding the path. No joke, there were exactly 150 of them we had to either hike around, climb over, or limbo under. We also saw a few mountain bikers on the trail who were struggling much more than we were.

Tuesday, July 04, 2017

As of July 3, 2017 the trail has not been cleared. There are probably over 50 fallen trees across the trail all the way up that need to be cleared. If you ride, plan on hiking your bike over the tops of of these trees, some pile up to three feet high. We were on foot and still found it difficult in some areas. Also, plan on a 30 ft across (swift but shallow) river crossing just before you get to the falls. Take lots of mosquito spray as there's lots of standing water right now. Other than that, the views are spectacular!!!

Friday, February 17, 2017

I'm surprised people were dissapointed. The falls were beautiful (see pics). You can also get right next to the falls on either side. There is a nice trail to the bottom of the falls on the left. We even saw a guy and his dog in the falls. For a real adventure climb the super steep right side of the falls all the way to the top, and see Hansen Lakes. Heck of a climb but the lakes are very cool.

Sunday, January 03, 2016

to Observation Peak where the wild flowers are a riot!

Monday, September 14, 2015

Very well maintained trail...beautiful views of McGown peak along the way. the falls weren't as spectacular as we hoped, but had a great time anyway. trail is super easy and makes this ~11 mile out and back trail down right enjoyable.

Monday, July 13, 2015

The hike was great, but if you are expecting to be near the falls at the end then you will be disappointed. I looked up some hikes and took a group of about 20 on this trail and when we reached the end many were disappointed by the waterfall. On the way back though a few of us found Lady Face Falls which was definitely worth the small detour (I want to say it was a 1/4 mile trail off the Bridalveil Falls trail). Lady Face Falls was BEAUTIFUL! I would go again just for this waterfall and it was far enough in that it would be a great day hike.

Friday, October 11, 2013

Beautiful view all along the trail. We hiked it, but I'd recommend biking it since it's pretty long. The falls aren't as cool as we hoped, but the trail is great.

Saturday, July 08, 2017