Stanley Lake To Alpine Lake

Stanley Lake To Alpine Lake is a 18 mile moderately trafficked out and back trail located near Stanley, Idaho that features beautiful wild flowers and is rated as moderate. The trail offers a number of activity options and is best used from April until October. Dogs are also able to use this trail but must be kept on leash.

I feel bad scoring this trail so low but I did not get a chance to finish this trail and I felt I had to warn other hikers about the mosquitoes. Attempted this hike the first week of June and the mosquitoes were OUT OF CONTROL. I was bit over 100 times in the space of an hour. The first part of the hike is in a low, almost swamp-like meadow where there is a lot of sitting water. Knowing that eventually I would hike out of the swamp meadow, I continued but the rivers/streams passing across the trail were very high and I had to hike around looking for a place to cross, losing the trail 3 times. At this point my entire body was itching from bites and I was too frustrated to continue.
This trail is probably great at other times of the year but be warned in the early summer after a lot of rainfall!