Stack Rock Trail

Stack Rock Trail is a 8.2 mile moderately trafficked loop trail located near Boise, Idaho that features beautiful wild flowers and is rated as moderate. The trail is primarily used for hiking, walking, nature trips, and birding and is best used from April until October. Dogs are also able to use this trail but must be kept on leash.

My wife hiked this trail today. She was amazed by the wonderful view. Not a lot of trail markings but if you pay attention you will not get lost. She saw a few hikers. She definitely recommends this trail.

This was a gorgeous forested hike. It was really neat to see Stacked Rock in the distance about a quarter of the way through the hike. I highly recommend this for a day hike near Boise.

good walk but due to a bug infestation many of the trail side trees were removed. otherwise very peaceful walk, even with my two toddlers.

I feel like this hike gets hyped a lot, but it was underwhelming to me. Fun, but nothing special. Stack Rock itself is cool.

Went on Sunday and the trail is very nice with lots of shade. Go in the morning to beat the heat.

I went on a warm day in October. I only saw 2 other people for the whole hike, which was pretty easy, but also a good workout on the uphill parts! Amazing views, pine trees and fall colors. My dog loved it!

Trail was packed snow and ice. Fairly difficult without micro spikes and poles! But made it to Stack...

We had to pave our own way on snowshoes for the entire second half on the way up, so hopefully they help future snowshoers! Definitely a great workout, and some views worth seeing.

2 to 9 inches of snow today. Made it about a mile. We didn’t have the right equipment. No one else around.

Made it up to Bert rock...very icy...snow shoes recommended for sure!

packed snow. gorgeous views.

Great hike in summer and fall.

Nice hike in the woods with good views.

Easy, wide trail, some hills, but overall a “moderate” trail. Disappointed to see so much logging in one stretch, but overall a really nice walk. There are more trails in the area that AllTrails hasn’t mapped - but fairly well marked to find your way.

Beautiful hike up to Stack Rock! There were a few up hill sections but was a pretty easy hike.

Beautiful! Perfect sunny fall weather

Very beautiful hike! Loved it.

View was wonderful. Did this July 2017. It starts downhill from the parking lot turnout. after .5mi it merges on a gravel road that leads to a shaded trail all the way to the stack rock.

September-October is a great time to hit this trail. The leaves are changing and the colors are insane!

I went earlier in the day before it got too hot out and it was great. Smoke definitely took away from the views but still worthwhile and only took about 3.5 hours, so a great morning!

Started early in the morning and got done around noon. Smoke from wildfires made it hard to see once I got to stack rock but what I could see was worth it.

Awesome. Stack Rock was incredible. Challenging in length and some tough inclines. Very shaded, very green overall very beautiful.

Beautiful hike, slightly steep in some areas toward the end, but overall a great hike. Bring a lot of water it does get pretty warm and it takes at least 4.5hrs to complete.

9.6 miles in a little over 5 hours. Was a great trail and beautiful scenery. Am into a few mtn bikers along the way.

As novice hikers with a five and six year old. It was a tad bit more challenging than we thought. We loved the amazing scenery and the clear trail. The inclines were quite decent for our first hike. Lots of places to stop for a shady break.

Great day hike! Beautiful wild flowers and a shady trail. However, I into a large rattlesnake on the way down. Keep your eyes open!

Hiked the entire 12 mile trail, very beautiful, well shaded most of the hike. Stack rock is AWESOME and fun to play around on. This trail connects to a ton of other trails which I haven't taken yet. Some decent inclines, very clear pathway. Wildflowers/butterflies/chipmunks galore and a few areas with a decent view of the valley.

This was my first time to Stack rock. Took a little over 4 hours, but we stopped and rested lots! I'm still new to hiking and this was my longest hike yet! Will DEFINITELY do this one again!

A nice forested trail with some moderate inclines. The entire path will put you around 11 miles which is considerable. There are many birds but they didn't seem very active during the time we were there. Tons of chipmunks and wildflowers.