Cyber Weekend Sale 50% Off
Get Started
Learn more

St. Joe NF Trail 17 is a 4.3 mile out and back trail located near Avery, Idaho that features a river and is good for all skill levels. The trail is primarily used for hiking.

Length 4.3 mi Elevation gain 1,000 ft Route type Out & Back
Photos (28)
Recordings (7)
Completed (13)
AllTrails User
Yellow StarYellow StarYellow StarYellow StarYellow StarYellow StarYellow StarYellow StarGray StarGray StarJuly 21, 2020
Hiking

Fun hike up to a nice view point overlooking the river. The trail is nicely maintained until it isn't. There is no real stopping point it just becomes a very narrow trail with a lot of vegetation. This is probably past the 2 mile mark.

Julie Ann
Yellow StarYellow StarYellow StarYellow StarYellow StarYellow StarYellow StarYellow StarYellow StarYellow StarJune 20, 2020
Hiking

Really enjoyed, poor gps quality as you can see from the map. Told us it was about 6.5 miles, unsure on the accuracy. Very lush and green right now, beautiful. Would recommend.

View Julie's Recording
Ron Jones
Yellow StarYellow StarYellow StarYellow StarYellow StarYellow StarYellow StarYellow StarYellow StarYellow StarMay 16, 2020
Hiking

2nd time. Took all of my daughters (minus one) this time. Still didn't make it to the end but had a terrific time. Love this easy trail.

View Ron's Recording
Ron Jones
Yellow StarYellow StarYellow StarYellow StarYellow StarYellow StarYellow StarYellow StarGray StarGray StarMay 3, 2020
Hiking

I chose this trail because I wanted to start with an easy trail as I work my way back into hiking. It is indeed an easy trail but it is also in bear country. After hiking 2 miles in by myself I began to pass several large bones. Once I got to bones that still had meat on them I decided to turn around. The only wildlife I saw was deer. And that’s all I wanted to see. I did not realize it was bear country until I went back into the town of Avery and saw the pictures on the wall.

View Ron's Recording
Billy C
Yellow StarYellow StarYellow StarYellow StarYellow StarYellow StarYellow StarYellow StarYellow StarYellow StarMay 2, 2020
First to Review

The only wildlife I saw was a fuzzy caterpillar but it was the fuzziest caterpillar I ever did see.

Peter S
Yellow StarYellow StarYellow StarYellow StarYellow StarYellow StarYellow StarYellow StarYellow StarYellow StarJuly 7, 2020
Road biking
View Peter's Recording
Pam Carpenter
Yellow StarYellow StarYellow StarYellow StarYellow StarYellow StarGray StarGray StarGray StarGray StarJune 16, 2020
View Pam's Recording
wiley casey
Aaron Risken
Yellow StarYellow StarYellow StarYellow StarYellow StarYellow StarYellow StarYellow StarYellow StarYellow StarApril 28, 2020
View Aaron's Recording
Steve Hines
Yellow StarYellow StarYellow StarYellow StarYellow StarYellow StarYellow StarYellow StarGray StarGray StarSeptember 7, 2019
View Steve's Recording