Slump Gulch Loop is a 7.6 mile lightly trafficked loop trail located near Salmon, Idaho that features beautiful wild flowers and is rated as moderate. The trail offers a number of activity options and is best used from March until December. Dogs and horses are also able to use this trail.

Distance: 7.6 miles Elevation Gain: 797 feet Route Type: Loop

A mix of mostly singletrack and doubletrack through rolling sage hills.

My friend and I hiked/ran the trail on 3/15/2020. The trail itself was a little muddy/slushy but had some gorgeous mountain landscape and was a great stop to stretch the legs. The area itself doesn’t have hardly any shade coverage so if you are looking to do the trail in the summer might want to start in the morning or evening.

Sat Apr 20 2019

We only did a mile and 1/2 as we started really late so can't rate the whole trail. it is a narrow path but easy to follow. We had our dog off leash and there was cactus in the beginning but less so as we went along. My dog did not get cactus in her feet but I worried anyway. the cactus was very low to the ground and not easy to see. Views of Salmon and some pretty snow capped mountains. Close to town and we ran into only 1 other hiker at 8:30 in the evening.