Skyline Loop is a 5.2 mile lightly trafficked loop trail located near Garden Valley, Idaho that features beautiful wild flowers and is rated as moderate. The trail offers a number of activity options and is best used from April until October. Dogs are also able to use this trail.

Distance: 5.2 miles Elevation Gain: 738 feet Route Type: Loop

Was gorgeous on Saturday May 16th, 2020. Trails were clear and the views were lovely. There was a stretch that was closed to motor vehicles by a gate, I just walked around it. There’s still a ton of fire damage. I think I lost my favorite jacket too. Dark blue puffy. If you see it, shoot me an e-mail - mmoirai@hotmail.com

icy

4/21 There was still a bunch of snow on the trail, however it was absolutely beautiful out! If you have the right hiking boots, it is an easy hike to maneuver. There was only one other truck at the trail head (Toyota, your dog lost their boot, I put it at the head of the trail in the parking lot) the views are incredible and I would do this hike again in an instant

Very interesting trail, I recommend staying on just skyline loop though. Me and my friends almost got lost trying to make it more "interesting". Thank God for offline maps!

Sat Sep 08 2018

Not a trail, its a road, 90% of it drivable with 2wd vehicle.

Fri Aug 17 2018

It was a fun hike! it's a gradual incline most of the way up. the directions will have you park in a dirt parking lot but the hike is acrossed the street. it starts out as a different trail then turns into skyline.

Sun Jul 22 2018

Great trail!

Fri Jul 13 2018

Fri Jun 22 2018

Great trail! Went on a Saturday and we were the only ones there. The dogs loved it. Parking is across the street and the trail is well marked and easy to find.

Sat Jun 10 2017

Considering this area burned last fall it was a lovely loop. One good view of the Sawtooths, lots of sprouting green out of the ash and a few surviving stands of Aspen and Ponderosa. It will be amazing again one day.

Sun May 21 2017

It looks like this area burned last year but you could already see new growth coming up. Lots of beautiful wildflowers. Unfortunately a few of the guideposts are burned down and we ended up adding 10 miles to our work. Fortunately this provided beautiful views of the distant Sawtooths

Sun Sep 02 2018