Round Lake Trail

Round Lake Trail is a 1.8 mile moderately trafficked loop trail located near Sagle, Idaho that features a lake and is good for all skill levels. The trail offers a number of activity options and is best used from March until October. Dogs are also able to use this trail but must be kept on leash.

Distance: 1.8 miles Elevation Gain: 45 feet Route Type: Loop

paddle sports

beach

Hey nice hike. About 3.75 km. There are nice views, wildlife and diverse plant life. Not too difficult but not a simple wall either.

I love this trail for an easy outing with anyone! Dogs, kids, grandparents, etc. A lot of access to water.

Great trails to take kids.

I loved this hike! It’s perfect for the whole family. There is a ton of beauty and wildlife to see, which keeps everyone interested. We saw 3 snakes on the trail, so keep an eye out! The views of the forest and lake are breathtaking. The trail starts and ends at the parks day use beach. So it would be easy to do a morning hike then have a picnic and swim at the beach after. I will be going this again.

great little kid friendly trail! Super easy and fun with the kids.

I need to make a correction to my post. I said Long Lake Starr Park by mistake. The correct name is Round Lake State Park!

was great absolutely wonderful we also had a 3 year old and a 6 year old and it was no problem for them it was a really great hike lots of fishing points everything was really great 100 percent around!!!

Sunny day, nice trail. Lots of mosquitos.

Trail was dry and free of debris. Great views of the lake and Cocolalla Creek. Lots of skunk cabbage and Lilly Pads. Mosquitos were a problem when stopping to rest. We went around a couple of times varying our route for more distance.

We actually took the Stewardship Trail which is a nice, wide, mostly flat path through the forest. It is also used for bicycles and cross country skiing or snowshoeing. About a mile in is a pretty foot bridge crossing Cocolalla Creek. The trail loops up to the left and around on what looks like to be an old road. The trail is well marked. At about the 1.6 mile point we took the trail down back on to the Trappers Trail, which overlooks the backside of Round Lake. Trappers Trail is a little narrower but still well maintained with some slight inclines. This Trail leads you down past the swamp and another footbridge passing over Cocolalla Creek for the second time. This side of the trail near the swamp was a little muddy but passable. There was a lot of skunk cabbage in bloom. 2.78 miles round trip. Overall it was a very nice easy trail. $5 parking fee or Idaho state park pass required. There are several docks for fishing and a nice little beach area, and covered picnic area . It would be fun to camp here in the summertime.

Fun jaunt around the lake! Last time we did this trail we had to do some wading, but today we just got a little muddy!

My wife and I hiked this little trail in Mid/Late October 2018 and enjoyed the smell of fall through the trail. The path was clean and lots of people were out enjoying the last bit of fall before the first snowfall came. An easy going trail with some slight inclines on hills but doable for all ages. Wasn’t busy when we went but the trail could be more full during the summer so plan early if you’re not a fan of crowds and stepping off trail for passer by for the trail hits narrow spots at times. All in all very enjoyable little hike for a breath of fresh air.

The south facing part of the trail was snow free and even dry in places. But the north side still had slippery parts with thin ice and in some spots significant snow. If you hug the lake on the shore trail you should be fine. The extra work the snow on the north side brings makes the south side a nice reward. Not too crowded either. A pleasant walk with little elevation and nice views.

I will be there in April and camp and enjoy the rest of the week.

Fantastic easy peasy trail around the lake today! Frozen lake was Beautiful!

We completed about 2.5 miles today(01/26/19) at Round Lake, it was wonderful! With the snow, this trail was very doable even without any special gear. I would highly recommend to anyone who is looking to get some fresh air and gorgeous views. I would rate the trail as moderate; we took a few off shoots and found some varying terrain, nothing was too difficult.

Nice hike. Lots of dog walkers.

This was such a beautiful trail! It is a gorgeous Loop and is a very easy hike. Would be great to bring your kids or dogs. So pretty will be returning soon! :)

Nice flat trail! Very quiet!

Tuesday, July 24, 2018

great trail to walk and take pictures

Sunday, June 10, 2018

great, easy hike for family over slightly varied terrian. bugs weren't bad at all. saw an eagle and turtle. carried my 5 month old. friends 3 year-old made it the whole 1.8 mile loop and only tripped a few times. lots of people fishing. water not a bad temp. Looking forward to a return.

Friday, June 08, 2018

Very Nice lake to visit. There is three hiking trails and an additional biking trail. We hiked the Trapper trail. We had 2 toddlers and a 7 year old. The younger toddler needed to be carried for about half of the hike because of the rough terrain. Definitely not stroller friendly. The Trapper Trail is 1.8 miles long and the trail head says the Stewardship Trail is 3 miles. The Swamp Tromp Trail looks really short.

Friday, May 11, 2018

easy peaceful walk

Wednesday, May 09, 2018

There were a few trails available once you arrived at Round lake that weren’t a part of AllTrails maps- we ended up going farther than the map says- there are some great views and a few bridges to cross - towards the end it was a bit muddy but it wasn’t too hard to avoid- I can see it getting pretty flooded if it was raining but we were lucky to have beautiful weather! Recommend for families or a walk with your pup !

Wednesday, April 25, 2018

it was beautiful although areas were flooded so we didnt get to go all the way around the lake i plan on coming back when it dries up more

Monday, March 19, 2018

Took 4 kids they enjoyed the hike there was some ice spots.

Tuesday, February 27, 2018

Snowshoed a few weeks ago. Round Lake Snow Shoe Trail is great place to go snowshoeing. Easily accessible trail, lots of parking, and the trail itself was well-marked. You see a little bit of everything along this trail, the lake, the creek, crossing over several wooden bridges, and snow covered trees through the woods. overall a fairly easy trail with a few moderate switchbacks.

Monday, October 09, 2017

Perfect for me and my active 9 yr old kiddo! Take the smaller trail along the south edge of the lake.