Round Lake Trail

Round Lake Trail is a 1.1 mile moderately trafficked loop trail located near Sagle, Idaho that features a lake and is good for all skill levels. The trail offers a number of activity options and is best used from March until October.

canoeing

beach

Perfect hike for beginners or kids. There are two loops you can take around the lake, one is 1.8 miles the other about 3.5. Lots of shade, cedar forests, and spots to swim. The trail was empty! We went on a sunny Saturday and didn't run into any other people on the trial. We had a great time! $5 entrance fee can it's a state park.

Fun and easy walk around beautiful Round Lake. This is perfect for kids and aging dogs. we took our 10 yo Beagle and she did great. We took a rest on one of the benches and saw an osprey dive for something in the water right in front of us. We started to the right if you are facing the boat launch. To the left is the marshy nature walk and you can see frogs, turtles and some times great blue herons. We plan to go back with my 3 nephews!

Love this trail! It's an easy walk around the lake, but beautiful and plenty of places to stop and get in the water along the way!

I grew up here so this was always a fishing trip as a kid. easy little walk around a little lake. bring the kids and enjoy swimming in the beached swimming area

This is a nice hike for a family. There are some fine places near the lake for picnics and camping as well. Bear in mind that there is a $5.00 entrance fee for your vehicle, as this is a state park. The trail was a little muddy on the backside, and had a bit of flooding, but nothing we could not circumvent. We saw frogs and turtles in the lake.

Time of Year: December, no snow.

A simple hike, very easy. The trail is very accessible with plenty of parking. It being a state park you will need to pay for parking or have an Idaho State Parks pass. The trail is well maintained and in some places can fit three people abreast. I hiked the section that circles around the lake, but there are other trails that break off that aren't listed here. After completion I showed hiking two miles.

Its a charming little lake. The west part of the lake has a river that the trail can follow, while the east side is a bit swampy. There is nothing that sticks out about the lake, but for those nearby that want to go for a scenic amble should consider this one.

This is a great hike for kids and families. The views are very pretty and the hike is short and easy. If you like to hike where there aren't too many people though, I would say that this hike isn't for you. There are lots of people fishing along the hike and it being an easy and shorter hike, families are more likely to be on it. Great for the family though!

There are several trail options, from 2 miles on the Trapper Trail around the lake, to 3 miles on on the Stewardship Trail, to about twice that on a bike trail.

Portions of the Trapper trail looked pretty muddy. We did the Stewardship Trail, which coincides with the shorter trail in places.

Easy, mostly well maintained. Dogs okay on leash. There are lots of trail intersections, only some of which are marked, but you can't get too lost.

Beautiful variety of woodlands and wetlands. Beaver dam. A little for everyone!

NOTE: $5 day use fee per car. It's a state park.

Easy trail to hike with kids. Lots of nature to see and the canoe rental topped off our experience. I agree with other's that this hike is more like 3 miles round trip.

I walked this trail for the first time today. What a great walk with amazing views. I had my Daschund Goober with me, he enjoyed the water. My Pedometer registered approx 3.15 miles.

Really easy hike. Closer to 3 miles around the lake, not 1.1. There are a lot of people fishing and camping so if you're looking for a quieter, less populated hike then it's not for you. However, it's really pretty and a nice short hike.

Wednesday, July 13, 2016

fun little trail for all ages. nice lake with sand and other activities like kayaking canoeing and paddleboarding. fun family hiking trip