Rocky Canyon Loop

Rocky Canyon Loop is a 13.3 mile lightly trafficked loop trail located near Boise, Idaho. The trail is rated as difficult and primarily used for hiking and mountain biking. Dogs are also able to use this trail but must be kept on leash.

Yellow wild flowers, lupine, sheep ( a ton) and 6 horses. It was raining hard and my cell was almost off. I felt totally in Mother Nature’s power, and I liked it.

Not the worst trail in the foothills, but not the best either. As per usual, it is more scenic once you're high up closer to the forest. Definitely a good workout.

as you wade through the desecrated corpses of mormon crickets and the flopping, black carapaces of their cannibalistic brethren you may ask yourself if this particular adventure is worth the creep it will give you. seems this trail is mostly used by cyclists and motorists anyway .. as it should be.

If you don't know anything about this trail, it's probably not going to excite you. I parked at the end of the pavement, by a bunch of other vehicles, and walked a few miles, down a gravel road. I asked a few people along the way where i can get off the road and on to a trail of some sort. most common response was, another mile or so. So I walked a few miles and never left the gravel. I'm open minded enough to think that this might be a good trail, IF you can find the trail. Everywhere else that I have hiked in America, the trails are very clearly marked and directions are accurate. not pleased with this one so far.

Monday, February 29, 2016