Rocky Canyon Loop is a 13.3 mile lightly trafficked loop trail located near Boise, Idaho. The trail is rated as difficult and primarily used for hiking, nature trips, and mountain biking. Dogs are also able to use this trail.

Distance: 13.3 miles Elevation Gain: 2,211 feet Route Type: Loop

I thought this was a really good trail. I went about 11 miles and it provided a good amount of incline and good scenery. Lots of mountain bikers, so be ready to move off the trail from time-to-time.

Thu May 17 2018

Yellow wild flowers, lupine, sheep ( a ton) and 6 horses. It was raining hard and my cell was almost off. I felt totally in Mother Nature’s power, and I liked it.

Thu May 10 2018

Not the worst trail in the foothills, but not the best either. As per usual, it is more scenic once you're high up closer to the forest. Definitely a good workout.

Wed Aug 09 2017

as you wade through the desecrated corpses of mormon crickets and the flopping, black carapaces of their cannibalistic brethren you may ask yourself if this particular adventure is worth the creep it will give you. seems this trail is mostly used by cyclists and motorists anyway .. as it should be.

Sun Jul 23 2017

If you don't know anything about this trail, it's probably not going to excite you. I parked at the end of the pavement, by a bunch of other vehicles, and walked a few miles, down a gravel road. I asked a few people along the way where i can get off the road and on to a trail of some sort. most common response was, another mile or so. So I walked a few miles and never left the gravel. I'm open minded enough to think that this might be a good trail, IF you can find the trail. Everywhere else that I have hiked in America, the trails are very clearly marked and directions are accurate. not pleased with this one so far.

Tue Apr 30 2019