Learn more

Pond Peak Via Shoshone Ridge Trail #81

moderateYellow StarYellow StarYellow StarYellow StarYellow StarYellow StarYellow StarYellow StarYellow StarGray Star(3)
Murray, Idaho

Pond Peak Via Shoshone Ridge Trail #81 is a 6.8 mile lightly trafficked out and back trail located near Murray, Idaho that offers scenic views and is rated as moderate. The trail is primarily used for hiking and trail running and is best used from June until October. Dogs are also able to use this trail.

Length 6.8 mi Elevation gain 1,400 ft Route type Out & Back

Photos (10)
Recordings (1)
Completed (8)
Kelley Standal
Yellow StarYellow StarYellow StarYellow StarYellow StarYellow StarYellow StarYellow StarGray StarGray StarSun Jun 14 2020
BlowdownSnow

June 13, 2020. Went trail running with the pups. we went 3.3 miles in (there was a sign that told me). Great trail, hasn't been cleared yet. 20-30 downed trees with patches of snow. steep to get around the trees. We hit the 3.3 mile sign and wanted to keep going but the snow patches increased . I was trail running and didn't bring actual hiking shoes. just to get up road 602 I had to cut a tree out off the road. In a month I bet this will be a 5 star trail. And I'll be back!

Mitchell Elting
Yellow StarYellow StarYellow StarYellow StarYellow StarYellow StarYellow StarYellow StarYellow StarYellow StarSat Jun 22 2019
Hiking

This trail is a hidden gem! We only hiked to the first peak along the way (approx 2 miles one way) due to time constraints, but the views from there rival a lot of the more popular hikes around! Very flat until the last quarter mile to that peak. We went on 6/16 and the trail was in great condition, only one down tree to maneuver around but pretty easy to get down and around it. Panoramic mountain views await at the top! The road to get there is great until the last 3 miles, at which point a 4WD/higher clearance vehicle is a must, but certainly not the worst roads around! Must do hike for avid North Idaho Hikers!!

Bill Grace
Yellow StarYellow StarYellow StarYellow StarYellow StarYellow StarYellow StarYellow StarYellow StarYellow StarSat Oct 13 2018
Hiking

Nice hike. I think it’s a great spring or fall hike I believe in mid summer there would be to much exposure and to hot for me. Great views pretty much the way. The road up wasn’t too bad but not for the grocery getter. Hard to say between a 4/5 it was very nice when I was there with the changing of the season with a little snow and the colors.