Polecat Loop Trail

Polecat Loop Trail is a 6 mile moderately trafficked loop trail located near Boise, Idaho that offers the chance to see wildlife and is rated as moderate. The trail offers a number of activity options and is accessible year-round. Dogs are also able to use this trail but must be kept on leash.

Nice autum trail with great views.

Love this trail for an "everyday " hike. Not too strenuous and well marked with good views. I like that I can do this hike in the morning and then get to work in the afternoon. Great for locals.

The hike has some mild inclines and a decent length. You'll notice if you follow my route it runs into a dead end somewhere in the middle which will add some extra miles. The scenery is relatively boring compared to other desert trails I've been on and the mountain bikers can be annoying on the small trails. There are a few interesting birds but I've gotten better encounters on other trails. I'd hike this again but it wouldn't be high on my list.

love this trail! one of the best I've done so far

This was our first hike in the Boise area and it was a perfect loop of gradual ups and downs. Beautiful views while at the top and within the valleys.

Did the 3 mile version just before sunset. 'Twas perfect.

Great hike! Not as heavily trafficked as Hulls or Military Reserve, which was nice. Decent, slow climb and great views. It's also nice that you can half the loop for if need be. Don't recommend in the wind though, which was brutal today.