Polecat Loop Trail

Polecat Loop Trail is a 6 mile moderately trafficked loop trail located near Boise, Idaho that offers the chance to see wildlife and is rated as moderate. The trail offers a number of activity options and is accessible year-round. Dogs are also able to use this trail but must be kept on leash.

Nice autum trail with great views.

Love this trail for an "everyday " hike. Not too strenuous and well marked with good views. I like that I can do this hike in the morning and then get to work in the afternoon. Great for locals.

The hike has some mild inclines and a decent length. You'll notice if you follow my route it runs into a dead end somewhere in the middle which will add some extra miles. The scenery is relatively boring compared to other desert trails I've been on and the mountain bikers can be annoying on the small trails. There are a few interesting birds but I've gotten better encounters on other trails. I'd hike this again but it wouldn't be high on my list.

love this trail! one of the best I've done so far

This was our first hike in the Boise area and it was a perfect loop of gradual ups and downs. Beautiful views while at the top and within the valleys.

Did the 3 mile version just before sunset. 'Twas perfect.

Great hike! Not as heavily trafficked as Hulls or Military Reserve, which was nice. Decent, slow climb and great views. It's also nice that you can half the loop for if need be. Don't recommend in the wind though, which was brutal today.

As someone who doesn't normally like foothill-trails or hiking without trees or water, this was a GREAT hike even without these factors. Didn't even notice any elevation gain because it was so gradual the whole time, beautiful wildflowers, GORGEOUS views of the Valley and both mountain ranges. One of the best hikes below the tree line.

Loved this trail!! A friend suggested it as a good vantage point to see the city below and sunrise and it did not disappoint! I cut across on Doe Ridge Trail to make sure I was on top for the sunrise and then came down the other side of the loop. Very easy hike even with the snow.
I will definitely be back!