Pine Flats Hot Spring

Pine Flats Hot Spring is a 0.4 mile moderately trafficked out and back trail located near Lowman, Idaho that features a waterfall and is good for all skill levels. The trail is primarily used for hiking, walking, nature trips, and birding and is best used from March until October. Dogs are also able to use this trail but must be kept on leash.

hot springs

I had such an amazing afternoon at Pine Flats Hot Springs. I first walk the upper trail and found a perfect little pool. The view of the river was stunning and I relaxed in the warm water for a time. Then I ventured down the trail and walked through the river, holding against the rocks. The river current was strong in some areas and this was a little tricky and COLD! Once around the rock wall, I passed through a small portion of river again and on the other side found three lovely pools. The top pool had a small warm waterfall and was lovely. On my way back I climbed up some rocks (I still can't believe that I did that, a bit dangerous and higher than I thought. I shouldn't have looked behind me.) instead of walking through the river. On the way down from the rocks there was another pool! Amazing! A fun adventure!

Nice hot springs. We hiked with our 6 kids ranging from 1-12 years old. Hot springs are 0.6 miles from parking lot according to my GPS.
Take the trail down to the river. When you get right next to the river look to the steep slope to your right. You will see some hot spring pools up high (we missed these until we were headed back to the car). These pools are pretty hot.
If you wade through the river around the bend you will find more pools that are prefect temperature and where you will find the waterfall.
I was a little disappointed to see tarps used to create the pools. I understand why they are used but they take away from the visual of the spot.
Overall all great little hike, beautiful scenery and nice hot springs. We’ll be back!

Very short, simple hike along the river from the camping parking lot. $5 day pass. The only tricky thing to navigate was climbing the slick rocks to reach different pools. The water was perfect temperature for soaking on a drizzly day last weekend. The drive from Boise is scenic and also worth a trip!

Nice Spot , Becky Z is an Idiot !!!!!!

We were camping at pine flats 10/7/17&10/8/17. The park is walk up only meaning it’s open but not maintained. We double checked with the ranger station and they confirmed it was open, just not maintained (no trash collection, water, toilet paper).

Monday, August 14, 2017

Have been twice this summer, no sign of closure, everything's been clean and in great shape both times

Thursday, June 01, 2017

CLOSED! fire last year, USFS has closed the area with a $150 fine for entering.

Monday, May 29, 2017

Pretty easy to find... even though I got lost. I tried following the map vs. the heavily worn trail... just keep walking and the trail will run into the first hot spring. The pools are made by various people stacking rocks. They're not permanent structures, so the locations can move. The first tub was the perfect hot tub temperature. The second could have hard boiled an egg. I've been to a lot of different hot springs, but never one overlooking a river. Pretty amazing spot. One of the prior reviews said he had to wade in the river... my guess is that was when the river was much, much lower. The pools we found were up on the cliff.

Thursday, August 25, 2016

Easy downhill to the river followed by about 50 feet of minor wading around the corner to the hot spring. About 10 feet past the hot spring, you can climb up and get about a six foot jump into the river. The hot/cold contrast is perfect any day.

Wednesday, July 13, 2016

Gotta get in the river on the side as you bend around to get to the springs but it's all worth it.

Thursday, April 14, 2016

Lovely short hike. A little treacherous to get to the main pool around the bend/over the top... Well worth it!!

Sunday, January 03, 2016