Pete Ott Lake Trail

Pete Ott Lake Trail is a 4.1 mile moderately trafficked out and back trail located near Pierce, Idaho that features a lake and is rated as moderate. The trail is primarily used for hiking, walking, nature trips, and birding and is best used from July until September. Dogs are also able to use this trail but must be kept on leash.

Beautiful country and views but very steep for second mile in. It’s approximately two in and two out, not marked at all as none of the other lakes really are in this area. Mosquitos were absolutely awful, even with spray.

the trail head Starts as a four-wheeler trail and then when you start your decent to the lake the trail disapears and it is extreamly steep to get down to the lake, my goal was to fish but due to the lack of good equipment of my partner we decided to stop before she slipped and broke something looking at this trail you would think you could make the hike in 2-3 hours but if you plan on camping and have a heavy pack (like I did) give yourself 6 hours to scale down to the lake. I'm not one to give up so I'll be back and fish this lake but know this is a hard 4 mile hike.

We hiked this with our 4 kids 7-2-18. The drive to the trailhead took about 1 hour from Kelly Forks work center. The road requires a high-clearance vehicle due to many ruts. Plenty of parking at Trailhead. The initial trail (176) was easy to follow. We could easily see Pete Ott and Ice Lake from above. The sign on the trail where you need to turn off said Elizabeth Lake (440-445) which is beyond Pete Ott & Ice Lake. As we headed down the hill to the lakes it became difficult to keep track of the trail due to snow. So we did not go all the way to the lakes. There was a lot of snow & ice visible in Ice Lake.