I'm giving this hike 4 stars only because the name of it is misleading. It does not go to the top of Oliver Peak, unless the top of Oliver Peak is much farther than the 8.4 mile round trip that is indicated by this app. It is a beautiful and fun trail to hike, though. The trail takes you in and out of the forest so you get great views of the valley and surrounding mountains, but still get to hike in the shade about half the time. There were so many wildflowers! Once you get to the ridge line you are walking through a field of wildflowers for almost a quarter mile. Absolutely gorgeous!
So the trail splits once you hit the ridge, we took the left trail since that is what others recommended. Once on the ridge, what I assume is Oliver Peak, is easy to identify. The trail continues southeast and goes right by the peak, though. Reading other reviews we decided to bushwhack our way to the top of the peak instead of continuing down the trail. Sure wish I knew where that trail led though. It was a fun one to hike and I'd love to follow it to the end one of these days.