Norton Lakes

Norton Lakes is a 4.6 mile moderately trafficked out and back trail located near Ketchum, Idaho that features a lake and is rated as moderate. The trail offers a number of activity options and is best used from June until September. Dogs are also able to use this trail but must be kept on leash.

off road driving

Very busy trail. Hiked up to lower lake in the afternoon. Steady climb all the wa with nice views of surrounding peaks. Had expected to see more wildflowers as we had at Baker Lake that morning. Reached lake at 4pm and there was no one else there. Nice views across the lake and plenty of trout in the lake.

Hike was pretty easy. Not too far but it was mostly uphill all the way to the lake. There is a upper and a lower lake on this trail for anyone who didn’t know, so don’t forget to make it up to the upper. There was a lot of people on the trail, that’s my only complaint, but I’d recommend

Hiked it today. Quite chilly, but the steep grade kept me from getting too cold on the way up. I had my puffy on for the way down. A few patches of snow and ice but nothing too bad. You can take the trail all the way to Upper Norton Lake right now. I got snowed on during the hike back downhill. I guess I missed the waterfall. Really enjoyed this hike!

Hiked October 16, 2016. Trail was clear until about halfway up when the snow was beginning to settle. We were able to use footprints from previous hikers to make our way to the lower lake. We were unable to hike further because there was too much snow and we weren't able to find trail markers.

This was a good, challenging hike with a great reward of a waterfall/ lake at the end! You won't have cell service before the first turn off, so be sure to study how to get there before you lose data. I would do this again!

Almost all uphill to get to the lake. It's a good trek but worth it to see the beautiful lake and waterfall on the way up. We really enjoyed this hike.

This is just about as good as it gets. We have been hiking in Ketchum for a month and this trail is one of our favorites.

The hike was great and relatively easy. We did this hike in the morning and another hike later that day. You have to drive to the trailhead a ways off from the main road. Would recommend

Wednesday, July 19, 2017

Beautiful lake and hike. Was great place to spend half the day with the family. For the average hiker, we ranked it more in between moderate and strenuous.

Monday, June 12, 2017

We made a day trip from Boise for a trail hike and dinner in Ketchum. It was a gorgeous day in late June and for us, this trail was "as good as it gets!" Very little traffic, moderate elevation, spawning fish in the tiny creek feeding into the lake, snow along the trail, mountain air. Good times!

Monday, November 14, 2016

Great hike! Going in it's all pretty much up hill. Beautiful view, lake is great!

Thursday, July 14, 2016

This trail is mostly incline. The wildflowers and views throughout are truly breathtaking, nothing beats the turquoise waters at the destination.

Wednesday, July 12, 2017