Mud Lake Trail is a 4.5 kilometer moderately trafficked out and back trail located near Victor, Idaho that features a lake and is rated as moderate. The trail offers a number of activity options and is best used from April until October. Dogs are also able to use this trail.

Distance: 4.5 km Elevation Gain: 223 m Route Type: Out & Back

Sun May 05 2019

Tue Apr 23 2019

It was a nice short, yet steep hike. It is really muddy this time of year. Be sure to bring a towel to wipe of paws.

Sat Apr 13 2019

Good when we want a quick workout close to home, & our pups love it. Good year round- did see a grizzly up here last spring, but it didn’t bother us.

Tue Aug 07 2018

Only come here if you're just wanting a quick sweaty workout. The trail is steep with a stagnant cattle pond at the top.

Sun Jul 01 2018

Nice little hike, right outside of town. Met a large herd of cows at the top of the hill, a couple of them hiked with us for awhile.

Wed Jul 12 2017

If you're looking for a workout this is the trail , steady incline and rocky with not much to see on way up. The top is nice however.

Tue Jun 20 2017

First and foremost, it should be mud pond. When I arrived I thought to myself "this can't be it" and continued on for another 1/2 mile and found nothing. After seeing pictures from another post I realized that I was at the right spot. I suppose I call a lake something much bigger than this? The hike itself is very vertical from the beginning and the first 1/3 mile has been overtaken by flooding causing a deep ditch in the middle. Overall it is a decent hike, the payoff wasn't worth the hike, mainly because it's used for cattle grazing, walked through cow dung and battled through a 100+ herd.

Sun Jun 04 2017

Great trail for dogs, especially those that like to swim!

Sat Nov 03 2018