Menan Butte Trail

Menan Butte Trail is a 4.2 mile moderately trafficked out and back trail located near Menan, Idaho that offers scenic views. The trail is rated as moderate and primarily used for hiking.

Do this hike frequently, great place to catch a sunrise/sunset. Lovely views of the valley on clear days. Great way to get the blood pumping, from start to top of the ridge.

We really enjoyed this hike with our kids. The last stretch to the top is a little steep and it was a little more difficult for my 3 year old. Other than that I thought it was a fun and educational hike for my 11 year old!

Fairly long steep grade to start. I liked the challenge of the up and down rocky areas. My only negative comment was staying on the trail was difficult because of lack of trail markers.

Took my 4 year old and did the outer crest and path through the center. Beautiful hike and nothing to hard just steep and rocky in places all in all great hike and amazing views. Especially fun if your into geology since it has so many cool rock formations up top.

Nice winter hike with my husband and 16 month old (in a pack). Some parts around the rim are melted off but most still had hard snow that you could walk on only punching through every now and then but it was still 2 ft deep or more in spots. The snow does make the hike a bit more challenging but that's part of the fun....plus there are a lot less people........especially later in the evening. We saw a couple groups on our way up but they were all coming down. We went around the entire rim and came down in the dark. Fun hike with cool rock formations but I definitely prefer the mountains and the trees! This hike looks like it can get blistering hot in the summer as there is very little shade also it tends to be pretty windy most of the time so pick a calm day like we did and it'll be nice and enjoyable!

Fun hike with dope view

I really enjoyed this hike (maybe because I was hiking it with my oldest daughter). The trail is actually about 3.5 miles long if you hike around the crater which I highly recommend since there are informational signs along the way. The signs do a nice job explaining the volcano's eruption and subsequent weathering. The hike up is a bit strenuous but not too bad if you take your time. We hiked it mid morning so it was still fairly cool.

Not the prettiest hike but a decent workout!

if you need a quick bit of solitude this is perfect! careful in warm weather, lots of R snakes!!!! steep incline at first but once you top out you can see forever!!

Steep 1 mile incline to get to the top of the butte. But once crested, it's all worth it. Breathtaking views all around the rim. Great path and fun terrain to keep your attention. Certainly a favorite.

Fun, easy, short hike. Be prepared for lots of wind at the top of the butte!!

Great view of the Snake River Plain, interesting rock formations. Stark beauty up close and grand vistas in the distance (including the Tetons). Footing can be a little treacherous towards the top. Very fine gravel/sand over angled rocks.