Marie Creek Trail

Marie Creek Trail is a 8.7 mile moderately trafficked out and back trail located near Coeur d'Alene, Idaho that features a river and is rated as moderate. The trail is primarily used for hiking, trail running, and horses and is best used from April until November. Dogs and horses are also able to use this trail.

Distance: 8.7 miles Elevation Gain: 1,564 feet Route Type: Out & Back

Gorgeous fairytale forest opens to a beautiful field with the sounds of a babbeling brooke. There are a couple small creek crossings. Gorgeous hike!

Stunning hike. Did first four miles (one way) and saw only two hikers at the end. Easy/moderate terrain but enough to get the blood flowing. Tons of colorful fungi and a wide variety of native flora. Highly recommended.

Don’t go out here if you want to do it as an overnighter. Trail closes at 10pm. Hiked in to the meadow and back out in the dark. Nice hike. Not sure why I thought it was ok to overnight this one.

The creek is beautiful and there is a lovely little meadow as well. Great hike

Absolutely gorgeous hike! Great mix of ecosystems with deep cedar forests, creek-side flora, a mountain meadow. As said in a prior post, truly where fairies should live...although I think they are there now.

recorded Marie Creek Trail

Very pretty hike! My husband an I’s first time. If you’re looking for flowers, views and creek water to cool down in, this is the one to take. It’s a bit long and the trail said it went further but I took a picture at where the trail ends. Over grown is some areas but overall great hike. Took our dog and he kept up just fine as well.

where fairies should live.

Trail is in fair condition, if you hike after rain the trail will be very muddy. there are a couple of blow down but have easy outs/go around.

Very very muddy on the way up! Nice trail, nice stops at the creek in three different places. June 1st and lots of wildflowers. The meadow was not a field of wild flowers, but lovely! Good hike to start off the season!

You go over several creeks and muddy areas, a gentle incline, then you go downhill again . We did around 3 miles before turning around. Some people went by on horse.A little muddy, we saw a frog, baby snake, lots of beautiful butterflies. We loved all of the creeks you can stop by and dip in . There was also a meadow that would be great for camping. lived this trail

Good hike. It was a little crowded. Lot of people going in and out. Had a bad experience with a dog owner that wouldn’t call off his German shepherd that started to attach my golden. After that the rest of the hike was awesome!!! Had three kids and we did 90% of the trail. The hike out is a little hot and difficult.

Oh my Goddesss.....this is one of the most beautiful hikes I have ever done in my life! So, so, SO gorgeous!! Thick, thick forest with so many trees, I hardly had to use my sunglasses it was so shaded in there. You are walking right along beside the creek, so most of the trail is at low elevation. About 2.9 miles in, I spotted a moose! My first one ever. I started to grab my dogs to get out of the way of the “horse” I thought I saw, then they decided it would be fun to chase it

Really great hike. First part of the trail is VERY muddy and you have to pass through parks of the creek so wear appropriate boots. Starts to decline about 2 miles in, making the hike back a little more difficult than going in. Turned around at the sign that said “dead end 2mi.” cuz i had a tired baby and puppy with me. Only sign of wildlife was a fox that scurried off the moment he saw us. Beautiful flowers growing and overall an easy hike. Quiet and serene. Will definitely be coming back.