Marie Creek Trail

Marie Creek Trail is a 8.7 mile moderately trafficked out and back trail located near Coeur d'Alene, Idaho that features a river and is rated as moderate. The trail is primarily used for hiking, trail running, and horses and is best used from April until November. Dogs and horses are also able to use this trail.

Distance: 8.7 miles Elevation Gain: 1,564 feet Route Type: Out & Back

Very very muddy on the way up! Nice trail, nice stops at the creek in three different places. June 1st and lots of wildflowers. The meadow was not a field of wild flowers, but lovely! Good hike to start off the season!

You go over several creeks and muddy areas, a gentle incline, then you go downhill again . We did around 3 miles before turning around. Some people went by on horse.A little muddy, we saw a frog, baby snake, lots of beautiful butterflies. We loved all of the creeks you can stop by and dip in . There was also a meadow that would be great for camping. lived this trail

Good hike. It was a little crowded. Lot of people going in and out. Had a bad experience with a dog owner that wouldn’t call off his German shepherd that started to attach my golden. After that the rest of the hike was awesome!!! Had three kids and we did 90% of the trail. The hike out is a little hot and difficult.

Oh my Goddesss.....this is one of the most beautiful hikes I have ever done in my life! So, so, SO gorgeous!! Thick, thick forest with so many trees, I hardly had to use my sunglasses it was so shaded in there. You are walking right along beside the creek, so most of the trail is at low elevation. About 2.9 miles in, I spotted a moose! My first one ever. I started to grab my dogs to get out of the way of the “horse” I thought I saw, then they decided it would be fun to chase it

Really great hike. First part of the trail is VERY muddy and you have to pass through parks of the creek so wear appropriate boots. Starts to decline about 2 miles in, making the hike back a little more difficult than going in. Turned around at the sign that said “dead end 2mi.” cuz i had a tired baby and puppy with me. Only sign of wildlife was a fox that scurried off the moment he saw us. Beautiful flowers growing and overall an easy hike. Quiet and serene. Will definitely be coming back.

Trail starts off muddy for about a quarter mile, then dries out until you drop down to the Marie Creek, then intermittent snow and water to cross. Made it to the trail sign that says "2 miles to dead end." The sign and trail at this point were part of the run-off and we decided to turn around. There is A LOT of water to cross so wear your boots and waders. Beautiful, spring flowers are starting to show, tons of ladybugs.

Could still see the snowshoe trail but very slushy! Creek crossings are a jump over now.

Gorgeous trail! Most of it has been snowshoed through already, but there was plenty of space left to break trail on. The creek is mostly frozen, with some running water peeking through. First time on this trail, I look forward to trying it out in spring!

I first did this 4 months ago and returned to check out this area with some snow cover. Unfortunately it was too warm and the trail was more mud than snow. Hike was still very nice. Solitude, peace and quiet, great forest and meadow make this stroll very pleasant.

The trail was nice and the scenery beautiful. It was more difficult out than in. We did not like the trail ended in the forest canyon with no destination. The sign said dead end and they are not kidding!

Loved this hike. Very beautiful. You start off with a slight incline switchback, not to far to climb. It all pays off once you come down to the most beautiful green forest. Lovely fall colors, lots of moss on the rocks and trees. From this point you have the stream along the path for dogs to cool down. This is a must do hike. Now I know why its rated 5star.

The trail is very well maintained. I don’t know that I would classify it as moderate, as most of the Trail is pretty flat. There is a very short portion where you’re walking up a decent grade, but it’s short. I went yesterday and the fall colors are stunning. The creek can be heard running throughout the whole hike.

Very beautiful trail which gave me a little of everthing that I want in a hike. First part is moderately upward with a spectacular mountain view. After the descent is thick forest and streams that opened into a wide meadow with also a spectacular view of surrounding mountains. Then I entered into more forest and streams. Definately explore this hike but be sure to wear good shoes and dont go alone. I was leary about bears and cougars being it was such a remote location and was happy to have brought bear spray. Trail paths were in fairly good shape. Will return.

loved this hike! Well maintained and the creativity of using the rocks as seats was amazing to see.

Really beautiful hike! Not super hard. My 3 year old went with me. Lots of wasps by the water so be aware of them.

Nice trail, pretty well-maintained until the end where it got kind of overgrown. Besides the first climb this trail is very easy. Not too many good views, but a beautiful forest hike.

I started a bit later in the day so wasn't able to do the full trail, I turned back where the trails split off. I enjoyed it though, it's well maintained and lightly trafficked and while there aren't any sweeping vistas or 360 degree views the scenery is great

First time hiking here and loved It! Great maintained trail, perfect for the dog. The beginning is all uphill then will decline downhill to a meadow full of butterflies. I hiked this August 4th and got an early start. Plenty of shade and places along the creek to hang your hammock. About 4 or so miles in the trail gets muddy and trail is covered in water. Didn't see any wildlife, but the Wasps and hornets are bad. It was challenging to rest without them swarming us. I loved this hike and look forward to going back.

Did this on Aug 2 and had the trail to myself. Very quiet and peaceful. Trail was in good shape . It hasnt rained in weeks so no problem in crossing creeks. First 0.9 is uphill and peaks at a bench. Then down to the creek. Meadow and campsites were at 1.8 mi. I turned around at 3 mi where there is a junction sign. Both trails from there appeared unmaintained and overgrown. Overall a nice hike in mostly forest and some meadow. When Siri says you’ve arrived at the TH take the right fork off of 202. Potholes and ruts but doable in a car if you take it slow.

What a great place to stench the legs. The trail does have one climb section worth the rest being on the easy side. A couple of places to camp and views. On the easier side of moderate rating

What a beautiful trail. It includes all the best of Idaho, uphill with some spectacular mountain views, some downhill, and then an easy hike along the creek in a lovely deep woods. We reach the creek a few miles in, a perfect opportunity for the dogs to slake their thirst. But for the distance, I would rate this an easy hike. In late June, the trail was dry and the creek crossings easy. We enjoyed a variety of wild flowers along the way.

Loved this hike! You can run a majority of the trail! There is a beautiful meadow about 2 miles in. There was a group of people camping there, such a great spot! This is a hike that you will be glad you did!

this is actually a 10 mile loop trail. I have downloaded the map.

Wednesday, June 13, 2018

Was a beautiful hike we took our dogs they came back with a few ticks but other than that would definitely go back

Wednesday, June 06, 2018

This would be a great trail for a first time backpacker or for an overnighter with kids. There are several really nice camp sites about 2 miles in on the north side of the meadow and a few more scattered along the next mile. Lots of fun creek crossings and beautiful old cedars. Caution, there are nettles near the log bridge and we saw a large pile of bear scat and some tracks in the mud so keep your eye out. The end of the trail has 3 large fallen trees. Fairly anticlimactic. The road in is well maintained, and the parking lot is larger. Don't miss the "Y" to the parking lot. Maps said we'd arrived, but we were on the road above the parking lot. All in all we had a great hike. #northidahobackpackingbabes