Marie Creek Trail

Marie Creek Trail is a 8.3 mile out and back trail located near Coeur d'Alene, Idaho that features a river and is rated as moderate. The trail is primarily used for hiking, trail running, and horses and is best used from April until November. Dogs and horses are also able to use this trail.

one of my favorite trails!

I only went 2 miles in and turned around soon after the trail rejoins the creek. I wanted to go further, in fact the trail did everything it could to seduce me further, but real life obligations forced me to turn around. The first mile was through the woods and is a good, get-the-heart-pumping walk. I stopped at the top where the bench is and, once my breath and heart slowed, I realized it was the quietest place I had been in years. No highway noises or chainsaws or motors. It reminded me of articles where scientists are recording nature on top of mountains in Alaska because they want to document places where there is no human sound. I was the only source of any noise. Loved it.

The hike down to the creek revealed a beautiful valley where the larches on the other side peppered the evergreens with orange. Fall is definitely flexing its muscles here.

There was frost on the ground when I reached the creek and I could feel the temperature dropping as I descended. I was here on October 30th, so bring layers if you are planning on coming here in November.

I will come back with more time and maybe a tent. Drive in was fine. The last quarter mile takes some skill, but I was able to navigate it pretty well in a Corolla.

one of the most beautiful hikes in the area, easy hike!

Easy hike, no views at the end (it just ends out of nowhere) but beautiful creek and lots of green. Hiked up and ran down. Will definitley go back for trail running.

Beautiful area! The lush greenness inside this trail is so refreshing! We went all the way to the back & did see a black bear. He didn't bother us, but would be a good idea to carry bear spray. I would recommend this trail. It's good for the soul.

Marie creek trail is a 10 mile loop trail. creek crossings, some boggy areas, some rocky areas through the canyon. some technical trail. beautiful!

I had the place to myself. The trail is fairly basic, with some nice forest scenery and several meetings with creeks along the way. The dead end at four point something miles is not particularly interesting. The trail just disappears after climbing over a bunch of fallen trees and going a bit further. Instead of that, the 3 way trail split at just over 2 miles out (marked by a sign) is a better out-and-back destination for about a 4 to 5 mile total (instead of 8 to 9). The creek bend and crossing at that spot are interesting. My favorite things were the view of the nearby ridge early in the hike, the small meadow, the creek interactions, and the fact that this is one of few nearby hikes with zero views of manmade structures... just nature.

Beautiful hike! You pass the creek several times and go through an open field to continue into the forest on the other side. Gorgeous views and lots of plant life I'd never seen. Highly recommended.

Didn't care for this trail nearly as much as Chilco. Turned around an hour in because it was so overgrown and I was eating spiderwebs the entire time. :/ Reminded me of hiking back east where it's muggy and there's too much undergrowth. I would definitely suggest hiking up to both N Chilco and S Chilco if you want a good day hike outside of Coeur d'Alene instead of taking this trail...