Kelly Mountain Summit Trail

Kelly Mountain Summit Trail is a 5.1 mile lightly trafficked out and back trail located near Hailey, Idaho that offers scenic views and is rated as difficult. The trail is primarily used for hiking, nature trips, and backpacking and is best used from May until October.

This is an off trail hike to the top of Kelly Mountain. As far as I know there is no trail up from any direction. Nice hike though if you are into that kind of thing.

Getting to the trail requires driving 12 miles of unpaved roads. When I got there, the area was very pretty, but I could barely find the trail, so I had to rely on using the GPS to guide me. And despite that the GPS was telling me that I was on the right path, many times there were no signs of the trail and I had to navigate around bushes and knee-high grasses. It made the going difficult. By the time I figured I had a hour left before reaching the summit, the GPS on my device quit. I couldn’t get it back. That was when I had to call quits and make my way down back. Challenges of steep terrains are what I expected when I came here instead of having to “bushwhack” due to poor or no trail markings.