Kelly Mountain Summit Trail is a 5.1 mile lightly trafficked out and back trail located near Hailey, Idaho that offers scenic views and is rated as difficult. The trail is primarily used for hiking and nature trips and is best used from May until October.

Length5.1 miElevation gain2,742 ftRoute typeOut & back
HikingNature tripsViewsOff trail
Description
Waypoints (0)

This is an off trail hike to the top of Kelly Mountain. There appears to be no trail up from any direction, but a nice hike if you are into that kind of adventure.

Weather
Activities (2)
Completed (3)
View user's profile page
David B Snow
Yellow StarYellow StarYellow StarYellow StarGray StarGray StarGray StarGray StarGray StarGray StarJune 28, 2018
First to Review

Getting to the trail requires driving 12 miles of unpaved roads. When I got there, the area was very pretty, but I could barely find the trail, so I had to rely on using the GPS to guide me. And despite that the GPS was telling me that I was on the right path, many times there were no signs of the trail and I had to navigate around bushes and knee-high grasses. It made the going difficult. By the time I figured I had a hour left before reaching the summit, the GPS on my device quit. I couldn’t get it back. That was when I had to call quits and make my way down back. Challenges of steep terrains are what I expected when I came here instead of having to “bushwhack” due to poor or no trail markings.

View user's profile page
hector marquez
Yellow StarYellow StarYellow StarYellow StarYellow StarYellow StarGray StarGray StarGray StarGray StarApril 29, 2020
Hiking