Memorial Day Sale! Get a year of AllTrails Pro for only $14.99
Get Started

Jump Creek OHV Trail is a 22.1 mile moderately trafficked loop trail located near Marsing, Idaho that offers the chance to see wildlife and is rated as difficult. The trail is primarily used for nature trips, bird watching, and off road driving and is accessible year-round. Dogs are also able to use this trail but must be kept on leash.

Distance: 22.1 miles Elevation Gain: 2,896 feet Route Type: Loop

dogs on leash

nature trips

bird watching

ohv / off road driving

views

wildlife

Depart from the parking area at Jump Creek and head towards the Jump Creek Trailhead. This whole area is Life Flight territory in case of major injury, with spotty cell phone service. Return to the parking area on the Poison Creek Road, the Poison Creek Stage Station is on private land. It was one of the stagecoach stops on the old stage road from Nampa, Idaho to Jordan Valley, Oregon.

ohv/off road driving
2 months ago

Good trail if you’re just looking for a quick loop to flex your suspension on. Ran the loop in a jeep jku 3” lift and had plenty of room to spare. I don’t believe this trail should be marked as “hard” though. There are only a few features that require 4wd. (50 feet combined total.) Tons of birds and greats views to enjoy. As mentioned before, jeeps are great for the trail, anything too long could damage bumpers on some of these dips.

Fri Apr 12 2019

90% of this trail is accessible any vehicle with moderate clearance if you follow the loop counter clockwise from Jump Creek. There is a portion of the road that goes through someone's property but there is a marked detour around it. The other 10% is risky. Jeeps can do it well. Pickups might dig their bumpers into the ground and probably couldn't make some of the turns at the top of the rock.

ohv/off road driving
Tue May 23 2017

Beautiful country and views. I failed to read the hard/ difficult rating. The rating is certainly accurate. About 1/3 of the way through I had my passengers get out because my front wheels were in the air. (Lava rock on a steep climb was a bad mix). We all made it out alive, but only by he grace of God. This was my fault for failing to read the rating, but know it has surely earned the rating it has.

hiking
10 days ago