Jerry Johnson Hot Springs

Jerry Johnson Hot Springs is a 2.6 mile heavily trafficked out and back trail located near Elk City, Idaho that features a waterfall and is good for all skill levels. The trail is primarily used for hiking and walking and is best used from May until October. Dogs are also able to use this trail but must be kept on leash.

hot springs

We lucked out on what started as a cool rainy morning and turned gorgeous by midday. Entire place to ourselves. Apparently that is unheard of! Talks of the pools flooding had almost scared us away but we managed to find two in great condition.

3 Hot Springs, close together after an easy walk. One constructed in the river, down the riverbank, next one up in an open flat area and perfect temp when I was there 2 weeks ago, and the third up through the trees and in a very beautiful setting. We saw 3 other groups when we were there on Thursday March 2nd. I'm not sure you'll ever have this place to yourself.

Very short and easy hike into a nice natural hot springs. Two large pools and two other area that have spring water. Not far from Missoula and frequented by locals. Almost too full when we got there, but people dwindled as the day drug on and night set in. The pools are amazing under the stars, just bring a flashlight for your hike out!

very short, leads to a remote yet well known hot springs. I have hiked this as early as February and late as november!

This was our first time going to a hot spring. The travelers we encountered were friendly and very interesting!
It was lightly raining but sitting in the hot spring and feeling the cold rain on your shoulders left you feeling rejuvenated. Will be traveling here again with my pups!

Wednesday, August 17, 2016

Easy hike. Great soak in pools. Yes, there may be naked people up there but everyone tends to behave. Trail can be muddy so suggest good shoes, not flip flops. Best time is winter

Thursday, April 14, 2016

Sunday, April 10, 2016

fun easy trek

Tuesday, March 01, 2016

Monday, October 05, 2015

nice, easy hike to several hot springs, along a beautiful stream. moderare amount of people, little nudity but people behaving appropriately. enjoyed soaking in hot spring and relaxing.

Monday, May 19, 2014

Always on my list whenever I go to Missoula. Nice leisurely still to some nice natural hot springs. Pack a couple of cold beers because its a nice place to soak and toss a couple back.

Saturday, January 18, 2014

Good winter hike in January. The trail to the hot springs is easy to follow but very icy this time of year. Pushed pass the springs and followed the trail to the waterfall. The trail is not heavily traveled past the springs so snow shoes are a big help. Most of the waterfall was frozen over except the very lower portion. A very nice winter scene.

Sunday, November 18, 2012

This is a very popular spot. Expect to find other users, and possibly naked. The last few times I've been out I noticed a large amount of garbage, which sucks. Maybe the fire that burned the area this summer cleaned up the garbage. Easy hike in, seen a few moose in the area, especially by the second spring.

Monday, June 25, 2012

I very much enjoy Jerry Johnson and is a very beautiful hot springs. There are usually naked people so be prepared for that

Thursday, October 20, 2011

Easy, easy trail. Flat - wide..two miles. Hot springs at the end to soak your feet! Caution... there is usally nudity at the springs and sometimes other behavior that might not be appropriate for younger hikers.