Indian Cliff Trail

Indian Cliff Trail is a 3 mile lightly trafficked loop trail located near Plummer, Idaho that features a lake and is rated as moderate. The trail is primarily used for hiking and nature trips and is best used from April until November. Dogs are also able to use this trail.

Distance: 3.0 miles Elevation Gain: 564 feet Route Type: Loop

There is a fee at Heyburn State Park. 5.00 per vehicle per day, Idaho residents can purchase an Idaho State Passport for 10.00 at DMV and get free day use at all Idaho state parks. Out of state residents pay $40.00 per year and can purchase online or at any state park. These passes also give you a break on camping fees. If you don’t want either there is a self pay station Fees are in effect year round.

the trail is narrow in some places but easy to follow. I saw several whitetail deer, a woodpecker, squirrels, and osprey. the view from the top is great! I stopped often to take in the scenery and watch birds, so I did the 3 mile loop in about 90 minutes. The elevation gain wasn't too bad, especially considering the pay off. There were quite a few animal tracks in the fresh mud and I didn't encounter any other humans on the trail.

Great hike. I would recommend this for anybody looking for a about a 3-mile hike with not a ton of elevation and a lot of things to see

trail name Civilian Conservation Corps Nature Trail

Nice 3 mile loop with some views. Trail is in great condition, well signed and easy to follow.

Did the 3 mile loop in an hour. Ran to the top then sat for 10 min for photos. Easy peasy would recommend. Burnt 450 cal. Excellent views.

6 of us ladies ranging from ages 17 to 53 all had a great time. I'd say it's on the easier side of moderate. perfect hike if you want to go in the morning. views are spectacular.

quick easy trail can do the cliffs or the nature walk, both a great short hike

nice hike, some elevation but not too bad--great views-- you will need a day pass to park here.

Nice and easy. Beautiful views from the top.

nice trail, not too hard, but a steady climb in areas...my mom went with me....she's 79 and did fine. great views, we had really nice weather. would do again.

This Trail is enchanting! We enjoyed all the different sections. We felt transported to hobbiton! We loved the switch backs up the hill side and spent time at the top enjoying the gorgeous views! Highly recommend! Our four kids loved it too

We hiked this Trail March 18th. The trail starts off flat over a few little foot Bridges crossing over small runoff Creek, then you begin to climb several switchbacks. There is a bench about a mile and a half up the trail. Keep going to the top then you go along the ridge. Still snow on most of the trail, a little icy, wore our tracks the whole way. Definitely could have used our snowshoes at the top. Did not look like anyone had recently been hiking so snow was a little deep. We saw lots of deer all the way up and down the trail. Also saw blue jays and a couple grouse. View's were fantastic! It was a sunny Blue Sky day. There is a bench at the top and a little further along the ridge is a picnic bench where you can stop and have lunch and enjoy the views of surrounding mountains and a frozen Chatcolet lake. Have also done this hike in the spring, summer and fall. It is even more beautiful! There is an entry fee of $5 you can pay at The Visitor Center or you must have a Idaho state park pass. There are bathrooms at the visitor center and trail maps available. The roads were good and Trailhead is easy to find.

Sun Aug 05 2018

Great little loop trail with some nice views at the top. Was great for a quick morning hike, definitely would do this trail again.

Mon Jul 30 2018

Great little hike to do with the family and your fur babies! Love this trail and the views but the parking lot is tiny. So get there early

Sun Jul 08 2018

July - Summer This is a nice little loop trail that has some good viewpoints of the lake. The forest is fairly dense at first but opens up as you continue the loop. Once out of the trees it is very open and can be a bit hot depending on the time of day. If you have dogs remember to bring water for them as there isn’t any water access on the trail. The trail itself is pretty easy, only a small elevation gain and there are a couple of benches to sit and rest on. Parking is nice and open, but remember that this is a state park, so fees are required. Overall not something I would go out of my way for, but if your in the area it’s worth giving it a hike.

Sun May 20 2018

Great Hike. Took the kids. Not too busy!

Sat May 12 2018

Good hike with awesome views of the lake

Sat Apr 21 2018

Loved the trail. Nice easy hike with some climb to it but not strenuous at all. I look forward to taking my grandkids

Wed Jan 17 2018

Went on a Tuesday and had the trail to myself (besides the whitetail deer I saw). Great spot to hike and take in the view

Mon Nov 27 2017

Tue Nov 07 2017

Great winter option for us today! Beautiful saw no one else on the trail would recommend

Sun Jul 23 2017

A good, easy hike. There were a couple elevated areas that made my heart rate spike, but not too much to handle. I could have easily gone again. Pretty views toward the top.

Wed Jul 19 2017

beautiful! long but uneventful along the way. We had a total of 4 of us, 2 adults & 2 12 year old girls. we made it Just fine with a reward of Ice cream in Harrison at the end!

Mon Jul 17 2017

Pretty decent climb for us who are basically couch potatoes! It was gradual with a few steeper parts that we had to stop and rest for a bit. There were a couple of benches placed at strategic resting spots. The top flattens out and it was beautiful. We met two other groups of hikers on Sunday about 10:30. You need to pay for access.

Thu Jul 13 2017

Nice view up top! Parts of the trail we're a bit overgrown. (June '17)

Sun Jun 25 2017

Fabulous views from at the top. It seems like the climb going counterclockwise is more gradual. Nice and quiet away from the road. There is a nice picnic table at the top so take a snack and enjoy the view.

Wed Jun 21 2017

Gorgeous views from top of the ridge. Trail is well shaded. Elevation gain toward the beginning and then an easy trail from there.

Mon Jun 12 2017