Indian Cliff Trail

Indian Cliff Trail is a 3 mile lightly trafficked loop trail located near Plummer, Idaho that offers scenic views and is rated as moderate. The trail is primarily used for hiking and is best used from April until November. Dogs are also able to use this trail.

There is a fee at Heyburn State Park. 5.00 per vehicle per day, Idaho residents can purchase an Idaho State Passport for 10.00 at DMV and get free day use at all Idaho state parks. Out of state residents pay $40.00 per year and can purchase online or at any state park. These passes also give you a break on camping fees. If you don’t want either there is a self pay station Fees are in effect year round.

Great little loop trail with some nice views at the top. Was great for a quick morning hike, definitely would do this trail again.

Great little hike to do with the family and your fur babies! Love this trail and the views but the parking lot is tiny. So get there early

Great trail!!

July - Summer

This is a nice little loop trail that has some good viewpoints of the lake.

The forest is fairly dense at first but opens up as you continue the loop. Once out of the trees it is very open and can be a bit hot depending on the time of day. If you have dogs remember to bring water for them as there isn’t any water access on the trail.

The trail itself is pretty easy, only a small elevation gain and there are a couple of benches to sit and rest on.

Parking is nice and open, but remember that this is a state park, so fees are required.

Overall not something I would go out of my way for, but if your in the area it’s worth giving it a hike.

Great Hike. Took the kids. Not too busy!

Good hike with awesome views of the lake

Loved the trail. Nice easy hike with some climb to it but not strenuous at all. I look forward to taking my grandkids

Went on a Tuesday and had the trail to myself (besides the whitetail deer I saw). Great spot to hike and take in the view

These passes also give you a break on camping fees.
If you don’t want either there is a self pay station
Fees are in effect year round.

Great winter option for us today! Beautiful saw no one else on the trail would recommend

Sunday, July 23, 2017

A good, easy hike. There were a couple elevated areas that made my heart rate spike, but not too much to handle. I could have easily gone again. Pretty views toward the top.

Wednesday, July 19, 2017

beautiful! long but uneventful along the way. We had a total of 4 of us, 2 adults & 2 12 year old girls. we made it Just fine with a reward of Ice cream in Harrison at the end!

Monday, July 17, 2017

Pretty decent climb for us who are basically couch potatoes! It was gradual with a few steeper parts that we had to stop and rest for a bit. There were a couple of benches placed at strategic resting spots. The top flattens out and it was beautiful. We met two other groups of hikers on Sunday about 10:30. You need to pay for access.

Thursday, July 13, 2017

Nice view up top!

Parts of the trail we're a bit overgrown. (June '17)

Sunday, June 25, 2017

Fabulous views from at the top. It seems like the climb going counterclockwise is more gradual. Nice and quiet away from the road. There is a nice picnic table at the top so take a snack and enjoy the view.

Wednesday, June 21, 2017

Gorgeous views from top of the ridge. Trail is well shaded. Elevation gain toward the beginning and then an easy trail from there.

Monday, June 12, 2017

Beautiful views!

Tuesday, May 30, 2017

This was an easy little hike with pretty views of Lake Chatcolet. It took me about an hour. Next time I go camping in Heyburn State Park, I will definitely do it again.

Wednesday, May 17, 2017

Incredible view at the top. Only passed one other person during our hike. Highly recommend. Not to hard either

Monday, April 03, 2017

Great View on top! Breathe taking! ❤❤❤

Sunday, March 19, 2017

Nice trail, well maintained and great views. Just enough incline to raise your hart rate a bit, but not wear you out.

Saturday, November 19, 2016

Great hike with great views of Chatcolet Lake & the St Joe River!

Sunday, September 04, 2016

Good short hike. peaceful view at the top!

Monday, June 20, 2016

Great trail for those of us who are slightly out of shape! =P

Saturday, May 21, 2016

Loved it!!! very beautiful views. The hike felt great. I will go back and do it again

Thursday, January 15, 2015

Pretty simple hike. It was great for our group of 5. I would suggest it for families and other groups as well. Nice climbs, nice views.

Tuesday, July 22, 2014

Great hike with great views, I would recommend this to anyone who wants a medium elevation climb.

Monday, June 09, 2014

Nice family hike. The trail is easy to follow with pretty mild elevation gains and wanders mostly through light timber with a few small wooden bridge creek crossings. Many good views thanks to old burns and some excellent scenic views over the lake from the top of the cliffs. Great for a simple afternoon hike with kids.

The description says this is an out and back, but that's not really true, as there's only a very short initial section that you repeat, most of the trail is a big loop that circles a ridge with some mild cliffs.

Sunday, September 22, 2013

Great hike for the kids. My almost three-year-old and my almost five-year-old did the entire loop with minimal complaining. We went on a cool fall day and the views from the top were beautiful.

Monday, May 21, 2012

Good hike. Very nice view from the top and not hard to reach. It's a great hike to introduce your kids into the outdoors.