Hulls Gulch Nature Trail

Hulls Gulch Nature Trail is a 6.3 mile moderately trafficked out and back trail located near Boise, Idaho that features a lake and is rated as moderate. The trail is primarily used for hiking, trail running, and mountain biking and is accessible year-round. Dogs are also able to use this trail.

A well marked trail with gentle elevation changes that highlights the local environment. It would be a great trail run but I did this as a hike. There were some mountain bikers on the trail but everyone was friendly and respectful

Beautiful fall day, temp about 65 or so, leaves changing in the gulch bottom. Well marked, moderate trail in my book, but my first hike in the Boise area, so well worth it as an afternoon hike - relatively easy pace, 2.5 hours.

This is the first trail in Boise that I’ve ever hiked. I just started hiking recently and I really enjoyed this trail. It has beautiful views of Boise and nice well-maintained trails with good markers and interesting ‘tidbits of information along the way. I don’t believe the ranking is correct as in my opinion it’s not a real hard trail. I would rate it more of a Moderate trail because of the narrowness of the trail the closeness to steep slopes on one side. The only trail I have to compare it with is a trail I did in Colorado Springs (Brodgett Peak) that was a much steeper and had navigate a lot of rock and gravel on the trail. That trail was rated a hard trail on this site.

Great trail and views. Not too busy and enjoyable.

It's a fun trail with a blend of desert and valley scenery. We didn't see a single waterfall along this route or really any running water. There's no reason to classify this trail as hard whatsoever. There are no significant inclines, far less steep than table rock, and the mileage is really not that challenging. The trail is actually fairly well maintained and has many informational postings along the way. It seems like a decent birding trail as there are a fair number of smaller birds. I'd do it again, it's better than most of the desert trails.

Great views and a fun hike. Six bridges to cross.

Such a relaxing trail!

Such an awesome, beautiful hike. Lots of informative landmarks. Tons of wildlife. As a novice hiker I found this trail to be one of the easier in the Valley, but there are some steep dropoffs. Not recommended for kids or pets. Mormon crickets have taken over the foothills

Great challenge. Pretty moderate but the sun adds to its difficulty. I'd say that the loop potion is where it gets its "hard" rating as well as its overall length.

Also I didn't see any lake or waterfall as mentioned in the description. But I did not do the lower Trail.