Hidden Lake and Lost Lake Trail

Hidden Lake and Lost Lake Trail is a 4.1 mile moderately trafficked out and back trail located near Cascade, Idaho that features a lake and is rated as moderate. The trail is primarily used for hiking, walking, nature trips, and birding and is best used from April until October.

Distance: 4.1 miles Elevation Gain: 1,174 feet Route Type: Out & Back

Fun hike and great backpacking destination. Definitely recommend!

Anniversary hike to Hidden Lake. Amazing views, peaceful lake.

Beautiful hike, pretty flowers, beautiful lakes. A little buggy once you get there so bring bug spray. The way back has only three or four steep spots and besides those, it's a pretty simple hike. Prettiest one I've seen in the area so far. The one bad thing is that the trail isn't very straightforward. We got lost a few times and ran into some other people who were lost too. Good news is that there is phone service up there (Verizon at least) so I was able to find the trail with the alltrails app.

Still lots of snow. We wouldn’t have made it to the lake if it weren’t for the alltrails location/map due to the trail being covered in snow for the first mile of the hike. So beautiful though, worth the trek and the drive had some great views! The drives over 12 miles on a dirt road up to the top of the mountain. The hike is 2 miles down to the lake and 2 miles back up, much easier I’m sure if we did it a month from now when the snows melted.

Hiked this trail today, or at least attempted to. It is still covered in snow. Only ended up hiking a 1/4 of it. Side note, the drive up to the trail head is a pain in the butt, but the views are gorgeous from the top once you arrive.

Tried doing this hike in October 13th but the snow covered the trail and I was not able to find the path nor my footing so I gave up. I ended up doing the very easy hike around Blue lake close by. The view on that lake was gorgeous. Setting the hike to 3 stars since I cannot leave this empty to post a review.

Tuesday, September 04, 2018

I'll add some pictures, but they don't do the scenery justice. At all. This hike is gorgeous. I only made it to the first lake before turning around, but that lake was gorgeous. Like another reviewer said, the way back was MUCH more strenuous than the way in due to the hike back being all uphill. I took my time and admired the amazing scenery. I will absolutely be adding this to my list of regular hikes. I brought my dog and he did really well.

Saturday, August 25, 2018

Beautiful hike! It was a little more strenuous on the way back just because the way there was mainly downhill. Went to the first lake, I believe was hidden lake.lots of frogs, our dogs loved it.

recorded Recording - Sep 07, 01:12 PM