Hellroaring Creek Trail to Hell Roaring Lake

Hellroaring Creek Trail to Hell Roaring Lake is a 10.7 mile moderately trafficked out and back trail located near Stanley, Idaho that features beautiful wild flowers and is rated as moderate. The trail offers a number of activity options and is best used from May until September. Dogs are also able to use this trail but must be kept on leash.

4rh of July hike to Hellroaring Lake with the Beasties

Completed first weekend in May. First mile was a great hike by hell roaring creek. Soon after we began hitting spotty snow piles which eventually turned into snow. Hip high snow through parts. It took our group 5 hours of hiking to get to the lake. The amount of melt that occured in one day was amazing, but our route back the next day was still going through scattered piles of snow or puddles/marshes of melt. I would hike this again, but if I did, I wouldn't go until mid-May (or June if heavy snowfall that winter) and I would wear gaiters and waterproof boots. The lake was beautiful, the finger of fate was a nice back drop, our campsite was super secluded, and we saw a mountain lion on the way out.

Beautiful, easy hike. Lots of people and lots of mosquitos. The views are worth it though!