Goose Creek Falls

Goose Creek Falls is a 3 mile heavily trafficked out and back trail located near New Meadows, Idaho that features a waterfall and is rated as moderate. The trail offers a number of activity options and is best used from March until October. Dogs are also able to use this trail but must be kept on leash.

Kids loved it.

Nice trail to a large dramatic falls! Fast downhill hike to the creek and a fun scramble down the rocks to the base of the falls. We met some people who hiked up to the falls from the other direction, a campground off of 55 I believe. I have not tried the hike in that direction.

beautiful views and a great workout

Perfect way to stretch your legs out a little! Beautiful!

Great hike if you only have a few hours in McCall. The trail is all downhill to the falls, so be prepared for the uphill return. Beautiful scenery and worth the hike.

Bring water with you, or a purifier. The only water source is at the falls.. Enjoy!

Fun hike with my dog. Getting to the base of the falls was challenging, but more than worth the effort.

it was a nice trail. Very busy over Labor Day weekend. Except for the first steep downhill section it was pretty easy overall.

great scenery and very peaceful
great swim in the falls!

awesome trail. my 7 year old son, 2 year old daughter my wife and I enjoyed it.

Really fun hike, kinda challenging at the falls. my 9 yr old son had a blast

Great hike with our two year old.

Beautiful hike! Well shaded and nicely groomed trails but rustic nature with rocks on path to keep it exciting. The waterfalls are gorgeous!!!

Well maintained easy trail, downhill going out, uphill going back. Beautiful views! However, if you're looking to hang out at the base of the lower falls, be warned that you have to do an easy level of bouldering (I had two 12 year olds with me that could do it fine).

Trail description very accurate. Downhill to falls, uphill coming out. We just took our time and it was fine. It seems most hikers stop at the bridge. We walked the additional 1/4 mile to the falls and no one else was there. It definitely was worth the effort. Both the view of the creek from the bridge and the falls further on...beautiful!

great hike
waterfall and creek provided
great views
I hiked to the goose creek campground and back up to the snowmobile parking area
below average rocks to negotiate on the trail
hike back up is intense
moderate overall hike

It's a hard hike back for beginners. being that it's all up hill. It's difficult to get to the bottom of falls. The trail ends at a large steep rock. the climb down to bottom of falls should only be down if you steady footed. The bridge has a beautiful view and very small pool to soak your feet. Beautiful views the whole way and very shaded.

Loved hiking into this forest with a raging rapid river along the way. At the end of the trail we saw a mighty waterfall from the river! So beautiful and scenic.

Difficult hike for beginners but I promise the views are so worth the climb out!!

beautiful hike!

The trail head is super easy to find and there is a ton of parking. The trail is almost 95% shaded the entire way to the falls. Like others have said, the way into the falls is pretty much all down hill which makes the way back up hill. But it isn't too bad. Had my 8 and 6 year old daughters do the whole thing without issue.

All in all a great little hike with an impressive waterfall. Spring is great for seeing all the run off coming down these falls.

Great hike will say it starts off steep decline meaning the return is the opposite for those beginners. But my 6,9,11 year old did just fine. Gorgeous mountain ranges open up occasionally drawing your attention many times. When you live in city life and go to places like such you realize how much of nature's beauty must be found to truly enjoy its presence.

Backpacked/snowshoed on 3/14/18. Trail was easy to follow even with a few feet of snow on it. Easy hike in, bridge was covered up to the railing with snow. The snow-capped boulders in free creek were beautiful. Falls are a 1/4 mile to the left after the bridge. Once there, pretty much slid down to the bottom. The climb back up was sapping, resulting in a pretty exhausting hike back to the trailhead. The hike is basically downhill on the way in and uphill on the way out. Really nice hike though.

Saturday, November 25, 2017

Beautiful hike with a surprise waterfall.

Monday, October 09, 2017

Great trail! The falls are beautiful & the trail well maintained. There is some construction on the road up Brundage Mountain. (Pilot car.) Probably won't last long. Just a perfect trail showcasing the beauty of Idaho.

Sunday, October 08, 2017

Beautiful. Made it to the waterfall and it was worth it!!

Friday, September 22, 2017

Beautiful!! A bit steep for me as I am a beginner, but so lovely. We didn't make it to the falls but we will definitely be back. Lovely this time of year but pretty cold.

Monday, September 04, 2017

Great hike.. beautiful scenery. Only bad thing it's a very popular trail. There will be lot's of people

Monday, July 17, 2017

Good for kids and dogs as long as neither are prone to jump in rapids. Beautiful hike. Partial shade. Moderately trafficked.

Monday, July 10, 2017

This is a beautiful little hike. Started at 6pm. Ran, hiked, it. The falls are about 1/4 mile past the wooden bridge. Take the left fork. I was too busy trying to catch my sun that I went the wrong way for a bit. Anyway beautiful view of a decent sized waterfall. Ran, hiked it back up. Pretty steep and invigorating. Oh ya, 85% shaded so perfect for a hot summer afternoon.

Saturday, July 01, 2017

Nice moderate hike - shade throughout, stream by your side and ends in a waterfall. Towards the end it gets a bit steep. Even though trailhead says 2.8mi, I recorded 2.4mi. Can get a little confusing when you get to the top but don't go any further after the climb up the rocks. The water fall is right there, hidden from view.