Goose Creek Falls

Goose Creek Falls is a 3 mile heavily trafficked out and back trail located near New Meadows, Idaho that features a waterfall and is rated as moderate. The trail offers a number of activity options and is best used from March until October. Dogs are also able to use this trail but must be kept on leash.

Beautiful hike with a surprise waterfall.

Great trail! The falls are beautiful & the trail well maintained. There is some construction on the road up Brundage Mountain. (Pilot car.) Probably won't last long. Just a perfect trail showcasing the beauty of Idaho.

Beautiful. Made it to the waterfall and it was worth it!!

Beautiful!! A bit steep for me as I am a beginner, but so lovely. We didn't make it to the falls but we will definitely be back. Lovely this time of year but pretty cold.

Great hike.. beautiful scenery. Only bad thing it's a very popular trail. There will be lot's of people

Good for kids and dogs as long as neither are prone to jump in rapids. Beautiful hike. Partial shade. Moderately trafficked.

This is a beautiful little hike. Started at 6pm. Ran, hiked, it. The falls are about 1/4 mile past the wooden bridge. Take the left fork. I was too busy trying to catch my sun that I went the wrong way for a bit. Anyway beautiful view of a decent sized waterfall. Ran, hiked it back up. Pretty steep and invigorating. Oh ya, 85% shaded so perfect for a hot summer afternoon.

Nice moderate hike - shade throughout, stream by your side and ends in a waterfall. Towards the end it gets a bit steep. Even though trailhead says 2.8mi, I recorded 2.4mi. Can get a little confusing when you get to the top but don't go any further after the climb up the rocks. The water fall is right there, hidden from view.

Enjoyed this trail, but I think we didn't quite make it to the falls.

Great hike! Down hill most of the way in is great but that means uphill all the way out. From the bridge to the falls is not too far but the last little bit is quite rocky and steep. I would say 8 and older for a hike like this. Lots of water right now and beautiful.

Great hiking with plenty of beautiful scenery.

Tuesday, January 31, 2017

Clear trail till you get down to the falls. Then became a little questionable on safety.

Sunday, August 21, 2016

Good trail well maintained.

Thursday, August 18, 2016

Great trail, some steep inclines but accurately rated as moderate. Plenty of shade for most of the trail through most of the day.

Several little side trails that lead down to the creek. We actually found a little pool to wade in - super refreshing.

Saturday, July 16, 2016

I am a beginner hiker of average fitness and this was a very manageable hike despite the steep incline. The waterfall was beautiful, don't stop at the bridge, it keeps going. If you have a car at the trail head and another at last chance camp ground you can even skip the hike in one direction.

Sunday, June 19, 2016

Great trail, once you find the entrance!

Saturday, June 11, 2016

We hiked this trail today 6/11/16. Poorly marked at the entrance to the trail when you leave the parking lot and head towards the trail head there is a wide path like a road this is not the trail. As you start up this road pay close attention to the left side of the beginning of the road. There is a single post with words written with a black sharpie "GOOSE CREEK FALLS" with an arrow. This is the trail to the Falls not the wide road. The trail is pretty much downhill to the falls which means you basically have uphill all the way back. Wife and I are in our 70's we made hike both ways without any problems. When you do the hike be sure not to stop a the bridge where you will see some small falls go across the bridge turning to your left and find the sing and trail showing the falls .2 miles ahead. worth the .2 miles.

Sunday, May 29, 2016

The hike was beautiful but I would not describe the hike as easy. It certainly is very doable but it's hardly flat either. Regardless it is well worth the effort. We went in the spring and the river was beautiful

Saturday, July 25, 2015

Great kids/family easy hike.
Waterfall flows big in spring.