Goldbug (Elk Bend) Hot Springs

Goldbug (Elk Bend) Hot Springs is a 3.3 mile lightly trafficked out and back trail located near Salmon, Idaho that features a waterfall and is rated as moderate. The trail is primarily used for hiking and camping and is accessible year-round. Dogs are also able to use this trail but must be kept on leash.

hot springs

Really not a hard hike for those who are in good shape. It took my 2 friends and myself just over a half hour to get up. We trail ran most of the way back down and it took 15ish min. The hot springs are super nice! (Best pool in my opinion is the first one you come across on the trail.)

Steep at the end but the views are worth it! Relax at the end.

great trail, only peak is near the end of trail but then you get to relax in the springs. hike back is easy.

Great hike but more crowded than I expected.

Amazing views, plenty of friendly people!! steep hike but worth the journey! Going to leave the dog home next time though a lot of traffic and less head ache if i had left him

Great hike pretty short but definitely worth comming back

It was definitely a great hike, I'm tempted on going camping there this time because I enjoyed it so much.

Great moderate hike. Perfect weather. Be advised if you want to camp near the hot springs (after 3rd bridge), you won't get any sleep because you'll be woken up by hot springers all night (I didn't think of that when I camped there). But there are a lot of other camping spots farther away. Everyone I came across was very friendly. Gorgeous view. Pure bliss!

Perfect hike! We've done it twice now with our children. Beautiful scenery, not to long, and pretty clean. You need to carry out whatever you take up. There's a bathroom at the trailhead and another about half way up.

The hot spring that ruined all other hot springs for me

Awesome trail, make sure you wear hiking boots!, mine saved mine a couple of times