Gold Hill North Trail

Gold Hill North Trail is a 5.6 mile moderately trafficked out and back trail located near Sagle, Idaho that features a lake and is rated as moderate. The trail offers a number of activity options and is best used from May until September. Dogs are also able to use this trail.

Great views!

this is a great time of year to go, very vibrant, and lush. the view was amazing. and even though it rained a little it was a perfect day to hike, not too hot or cold.

Great view of Sandpoint and the lake from the top. Ended up with ~7.0 miles.

well I'm 54 years old and recently started hiking again and this was my first pick since it was a moderate hike. I've been hiking before not for many years. this trail is amazingly well kept, very clean. whoever's maintaining it is doing a wonderful job. we ran into a few other fellow hikers all friendly. we had our dog with us even came by some bicyclists which I imagine riding your bike up is not going to happen all the way. but it must be a fun ride down. so we took it all the way up to the first Viewpoint no bench and it was worth it it was an amazing amazing view from that elevation I think it's 32 or 3300 feet. when we got to the view we had lunch so in looking back at the whole hike I would definitely recommend it as a morning hike to go up and have lunch and then come back down and continue on your day.we will definitely go back and do it again but we've got a lot more allTrails trails to hit. if you want to know more about our little hike you can always find our story on www.Sandpoint.tv

First time hiking this trail since before 2012. Only made it up to the second view point but had a ton of fun

My GPS measured 3.6 miles to the second view point (with the two benches). The trail map shows 2.8 miles to this location. If my GPS is accurate, then this is a 7.2,mile hike. The steepest grades are in the first mile up. All the blow downs are cleared. There was no snow on the trail. About one-half mile from the top there are several muddy areas from snow melt that can be slippery.

Love this hike. We did it yesterday. Ran into some snow and mud a little ways from the top but think it added to the adventure. The view was well worth it!

My fiancé and I hiked this trail yesterday and we loved it. Even though we hit snow halfway up the mountain the view from the summit was well worth it and the dogs had a blast too!

Great snowshoeing trail after you get past all the fallen trees for the first 1/2 mile or so, hard packed snow till the last mile up and deep wet snow the rest of the way up. Beautiful view at the top.

This was a really beautiful hike. We were the first to put tracks in the fresh snow which was neat. We hiked in snow boots with no issue, no other gear was needed. Definitely suggest hiking in layers!

This hike is a great one. A few switchbacks, but fairly moderate incline overall. There were some downed trees to climb over on the way up, but other than that the trail is clear. Beautiful view from the top. Worth adding to your list of trails. Also, seemed like a great mountain bike trail beyond having to lift your bike over the few trees crossing the trail.

This is a nice leg stretcher. Despite the rain, I decided to hike it on Thanksgiving Day. Most of the trail consists of mellow switchbacks, leading through pine forest. There are few vistas beside the pine forest, for most of the hike. Towards the end, there are some splendid views of the lake and Sandpoint, Idaho below.

I got soaked in the rain, and it was totally worth it.

Very nice trail. Switchbacks ease the elevation gain. Excellent viewpoints 2.8 and 3.0 mi up with the latter having benches for snacking and taking in the vista. The trail ends at a forest road 3.5 mi up. Popular with mountain bikers. Larches very colorful Oct 30.

Great trail to get a morning workout. I only ran into two other groups on the trail so felt safe that there were other people around but not crowded. Not too much to see along the trail but the lush feeling of greenery is refreshing. The view at the top is pretty cool though :)

Wonderful views. Well worth the effort.

Great hike on a fall day. Many of the trees are turning and looking very beautiful. The trail is well maintained. My gps measured 5.5 miles from base to look out and back again.

Not a lot of parking spaces so beware. Great trail. Very well manicured. Absolutely beautiful view. Worth it.

It a good trail

Grew up just a few miles from this trail. It's been a favorite hike since my childhood. Not much to see on the way to the lookout unless you're a birder or like identifying plants/trees. Boysenberries can be found near the end of the trail in summertime.

Monday, August 07, 2017

Nice hike, lots of shade. The view was a little smoky but other than that a great little hike

Saturday, August 05, 2017

Nice hike to an overlook of the lake. The trail is in great shape and well maintained, but there isn't much variety until you get to the overlook.
We enjoyed it, however the last mile or so past the overlook doesn't offer anything interesting, you just turn around and come back down. the total hike was 7.4. It looks like the All Trails distance assumes you turn around at th e overlook

Thursday, June 29, 2017

This a a great short trail that you can use for trail running training. Very competitive CRs have been set on Strava.

Thursday, June 08, 2017

Easy hike with many switch backs. The distance makes for a constant gradual climb through dense forest with a stellar view at the end. Overall, a great hike that I would recommend.

Friday, June 02, 2017

This was a great hike. 5.7 miles, roughly, with many switchbacks. a lot of mountain bikers so be careful and aware. The top viewpoint provides a great look of the Lake, Sandpoint, and the longbridge and train trestle. It's on the easy to moderate scale, in my opinion.

Monday, May 29, 2017

Great trail for conditioning! A good steady climb with lots of easy level sections to catch your breath and observe the forest.

Monday, May 29, 2017

Great trail! Easy to follow, great mix of views and forest. Not easy to go up (you are climbing up over 1700 feet after all) but the views are so worth it! lots of greenery and when you can get away from the people, the birdsongs are amazing! lots of cool insects, birds and squirrels out to greet you, too.

Wednesday, April 19, 2017

Great hike! Beautiful trail. Went on a Tuesday with very little traffic. Dogs and I both loved it.

Wednesday, April 19, 2017

Beautiful view!

Tuesday, November 29, 2016

On this particular hike I'm torn; the hike itself was good, but the trail was not very impressive. Towards the top viewpoint the mountain was covered in dense fog and there was light snow. This made the surrounding forest eerie yet beautiful. Because of the fog I was not able to see the lake or Sandpoint from the lookouts. But aside from the fog towards the top of the mountain, the trail was relatively tame with not much to look at (Granted, this is in part due to the time of year). The trail also has a very unceremonious end off the side of a forest road.
Overall while I very much enjoyed the hike, it would be hard to recommend this one. I will need to try it again at different points in the year.

Sunday, November 20, 2016

Fun hike for the whole family. Would do this hike again,