Gibson Jack Trail is a 7.5 mile loop trail located near Pocatello, Idaho that features a great forest setting. The trail is rated as difficult and primarily used for trail running and mountain biking. Dogs are also able to use this trail but must be kept on leash.

Distance: 7.5 miles Elevation Gain: 1,315 feet Route Type: Loop

Great trail! Can’t wait to see it when the leaves change. This has a little of everything!

good trail honestly right now a perfect time to go! I started this hike around 10 and got back at 1 so it's a nice short hike if your up for it take the dotted black trail back instead of there and back you'll see wonderful views

skinny trail. Not many places to sit and rest if you need it. Lots of overgrowth near the trail. Hard to know if you are on the right path as they are not really marked after you leave the parking area.

Are we sure that this trail is marked correctly on here (the path highlighted in red)? I could certainly be wrong, but it seemed to me that the “main” trail is actually the path listed as ”2” above, in black. The few other parties we encountered were all taking the “2” route as well. Anyways, that route is the one I took - and we quite enjoyed it. One of the better areas to hike, in my opinion, in the Pocatello area. We went in early September, with most of the plants and trees looking dried out after the heat of the summer, but I imagine it would be gorgeous hike in the spring. Challenging, mostly uphill, but a few shaded spots available to stop and rest in. Decent views. Far enough from the city that it became completely serenely quiet once we gained some elevation, which was refreshing.

this Trail is the perfect Saturday morning workout. it has enough altitude gain to be challenging and plenty of level Trail for running.

Friday, August 03, 2018

TRAIL REPORT- Elk Meadows via Gipson Jack Creek Location: Gibson Jack Trail Head, Pocatello, Idaho Date: August 2, 2018. Had a nice cool breeze most of the day. Riders: Pat Kent, Jodie Mills, Milton Emery, Bob Deeter Propose: Pleasure Ride Trail: Easy to moderate. 12.9 miles round trip with a 4.4 mile loop at the top. Three rocky places getting to the winter warming hut. Next time I will look for another trail without the rocks, by going to the left instead going right at the start of the loop. A big thank you to DON ROSS who was cutting brush ALL day yesterday on this trail. God bless him and all the trails he rides. Image may contain: tree, plant, sky, outdoor and nature

Tuesday, June 05, 2018

Kind of boring and not at all hard.

Tuesday, March 13, 2018

Muddy!

Tuesday, January 30, 2018

muddy and icy but we had a blast!

Wednesday, September 20, 2017

Nice trail. not hard..barely a moderate. saw a female moose. very timid

Saturday, August 26, 2017

Very fun and challenging!

Sunday, July 30, 2017

One of my favorite hikes here in Pocatello

Monday, June 26, 2017

I love these trails there so close to home makes it very easy to get to.

Saturday, August 20, 2016

Very beautiful hike! My family and I loved it!

Tuesday, April 10, 2012

i have done laps of almost all the different portions of this trail.. it is challening and fun.. im sure it was my hiking companion!!!! but its beautiful none the less.