Fishhook Lake Trail is a 4.5 mile lightly trafficked out and back trail located near Stanley, Idaho that features a lake. The trail is good for all skill levels offers a number of activity options.

I hiked this through the snow with my parents (in their 60s) on November 10th and it was beautiful! We got to the end and the fog lifted, giving us an amazing view of the Sawtooth Range. Its an easy trail, even when it has 4-5 inches of snow on the ground and its 25 degrees outside.

Hiked on 9/19/18 with our two dogs (an on-leash trail) and 3 month old. Beautiful views, wonderful creek and very easy. Fall hikes are the best. Quite a bit of logs at the end near the lake but they were easy to get over- we just had to lift our lab over them because she is having issues with her back legs. Only ran into a few small groups. My husband caught a couple of fish in the lake. I highly recommend this trail!

On 8.31.18 we went horseback riding and our guides name was Pete from Redfish Corrals. He led us through the wooded area and we came out at the sign to Fishhook CR TR/Marshall Lake and Redfish Lake CR TR/Bench Lakes. We went on Fishhook and took a detour upwards to a clear shot of Little Redfish Lake, Redfish Lake, and the Sawtooths. It was very peaceful being on horseback listening to the horses and nature all around us.

Hiked the trail on 8.30.18 and it was a perfect day to be on the trail. We got up to the Sawtooth Wilderness permit area. The view of the Sawtooths was amazing. We took our shoes off and walked in the ice cold clear and clean water before hearing back out. We placed 4 painted rocks on various parts of the trail and hope others will find them and place them in other states or countries.

My new favorite trail!! Awesome views all along.

Incredible views at the end!

Really easy, nice trail for both hiking and trail running.

Excellent family hike with my 2 year old strapped to my back. Great views at the turn back point and all along the way.

Went on 07/12/2018 and it was a great hike right next to Redfish Lake. Go for a hike and cool off at the lake afterwards. Wonderful views check out my posted pictures to see. Highly recommended

This is a great hike for grandparents and little ones. It is pretty flat and easy. Gorgeous wildflowers and the meadow/marsh at the end was perfect for soaking feet and taking in great views of the mountains.

Beautiful hike. Small lake at the end of the meadow. Did this one with Mom and the family.

An easy and quick hike to see some incredible views of the sawtooth! This is one to take mom on for sure!

Easy hike

The picturesque "end" of this trail is beautiful. There is more trail, but the official end is this great view spot for lunch. The actual hike was about an average walk in the forest but the place where we sat and had lunch was beautiful. Very easy hike, our 2 and 5 year old loved it.

Still has some snow pack occasionally on the trail but nothing that you couldn’t easily pass with hiking boots. Absolutely beautiful!

Easy trail but real wilderness. Park at the north end parking lot of Redfish Lake and find the trailhead northwest of the lot. The trail meanders upward, west-northwestward, and into thin, creekside forest. When the trail veers west-southwest it evens out in altitude and offers a beautiful diffused light through thin, alpine forest. Follow the trail along Fishhook Meadow before the trail seems to end at a wetland/river area with Thompson Peak and Mickey's Spire in the background. Look northwest from the open area where the trail seems to end to find the Wilderness Permits box marking the boundary of the maintained Sawtooth National Recreational Area. I signed out and kept hiking southwest along a path and found I was few hundred feet from the northeast shore of Fishhook Lake. I continued on the path, southwest along the shore. It was beautiful with wonderful views of the lake to the south, the peaks to the west, and wildflowers everywhere... but it was buggy! I hiked past Fishhook Lake through a field of downed trees, and then the trail became very spotty as the terrain became more rocky and elevated. I just followed the peaks and stayed relatively straight, southwest. I stopped and turned around after finding a lovely cascading creek with no discernible trail on the other side. This area appeared untouched and very wild: A great place to explore, safely.

recorded photo Sawtooth