English Point Yellow Loop Trail

English Point Yellow Loop Trail is a 3.2 mile moderately trafficked loop trail located near Hayden, Idaho that features a great forest setting and is good for all skill levels. The trail offers a number of activity options and is accessible year-round. Dogs are also able to use this trail but must be kept on leash.

Good little trail for walking the dog.

Great easy loop. You can do both hikes from one parking lot. Don’t expect too much but it’s a nice spot to get out of town and into nature! Follow all our adventure on Instagram @themicrotourists!

Beautiful and easy walk. so many trees plenty of resting areas.

Fun hike today! New to the area, hiked it solo. Felt super comfortable the whole time. A lot of friendly ppl on the path too.

Very pleasant morning stroll. Also in a calm safe area. No overnight camping at the trailhead however spacious.

This was a very beautiful hike. Although there was a TON of horse poop all over the trail. There was not much of an incline though. Lots of green beautiful trees and some blooming wild flowers. My sister and I took a lunch with us and didn’t find any benches besides the ones towards the beginning/end.

I love how close this trail is. It’s 3.5 miles according to MapMyHike. Lots of beautiful flowers and occasionally deer. Not a very busy trail. People commonly bring dogs with them. Consistent up and downhill climbs. Lots of horse trails you can trail off to if you want a new scenery after hiking this trail multiple times. There’s a nice little sitting area with a pond where you can rest or picnic.

Fun easy running trail

Easy trail for some light cardio out in the beauty. Nice to place to bring the dog, and squeeze in a quick walk.

Great, almost entirely level, trail that is just shy of 4 miles. Our kids love it for hiding rocks and searching for wildlife. Great hike/walk for all ages.

There was lots of puddles and snow.

A good daily hike. Flat with varying distance loops.

I do this trail every two weeks with a friend that lives in the area. Very easy good for kids and animals. I've seen horseback riders, bikers, runners, walkers, explorers. There are a few geocache on the trail and always the painted rocks to rehide.

Thursday, August 31, 2017

Great hike for kids. Totally flat!

Friday, August 25, 2017

We hiked the yellow loop trail today. has a pretty flat basic Trail through some beautiful country but if you are going to take your dog there is a very lack of water along the trail so in this heat make sure to take plenty of water for your dog. There still is one nice size pond, full of tadpoles, that our yellow lab enjoyed swimming in and cooled himself off at.

We got to see a couple deer sneaking through the underbrush but was the heat the last few days I was about all the wildlife that was out and about.

Be prepared for very dusty trail and take plenty of water for the three to three and a half mile loop.

Thursday, August 17, 2017

To bad the dog owners suck at cleaning up after them .

Thursday, August 17, 2017

Great hike, easy enough and friendly. Pathways are clearly marked. The day we went we came back covered in dust, but the hike was great. A lot of trees to keep it fairly cool in the hot weather. Downfall of this hike is that it is open to horseback riding and unfortunately the 'dong' was not picked up... sad. If I have to clean up after my dog, why don't horse owners have to clean up after their horses?

Thursday, August 10, 2017

Fun, good views, and kid friendly. Free.

Wednesday, July 19, 2017

We hiked both the red and yellow trails today for our 19th anniversary. We did so by accident b/c we didn't realize that the red/gray trails are on the opposite side of the road from the yellow/blue/green trails! Easy trails and we were fortunate to run into a deer. Would like to see more views of the lake. Interested in biking the trails next.

I lost my favorite knife on the longer yellow trail and someone picked it up and placed it at the trailhead. There are good people in this world!

Sunday, July 02, 2017

It's great having this trail so close to home. Nicely maintained trail and well marked with glimpses of Hayden Lake. A few glimpses of road also. Started trail at 8:30am and met 3 bikers and 4 other occurances of hikers/trailrunners. Trail rating of easy is very accurate. There are also 2 other marked (blue and green) shorter routes. The red trail is on the other side of the road and parking lot. Lots of options!

Tuesday, June 06, 2017

This is a fine stroll through the forest. There are no significant views. It was one of the most crowded trails I have been on in the area. Hikers, runners, bikers and horseback riders all on the same trail.

Friday, June 02, 2017

Good view from the lookout but a really easy day hike. Great little morning walk for the family

Tuesday, May 30, 2017

I've been out here a couple times in spring 2017. It was very muddy each time. I'd call it a walk, not a hike; it's flat. The woods are pretty though.

Sunday, May 21, 2017

Very muddy. Bring your waterproof shoes.

Wednesday, May 10, 2017

Lots of mud but a nice level trail otherwise.

Wednesday, May 03, 2017

Easy, but super muddy. Careful for all the horse poop.

Friday, April 07, 2017

Beautiful, simple, easy trail. Very muddy from February to late April.

Thursday, December 15, 2016

English Point Yellow Loop is an amazing trail. The trail is well developed and flat nearly the whole hike. It is mainly wooded but does have areas that look down on the beautiful Hayden Lake. It's a nice and simple trail but could be seen as boring to a more experienced hiker.

Wednesday, December 14, 2016

I jog on this trail quite frequently. It is a nice wide trail so its easy to pass people when jogging. does get really muddy and slick when its muddy so caution to that. Another bonus is that its not far from town at all.

Tuesday, December 13, 2016

Nice Trail. Very beautiful area. Careful is spring and fall of muddy/marshy areas. Very easy and good for kids and pets.