English Point Red Loop Trail is a 1.6 mile moderately trafficked loop trail located near Hayden, Idaho that features a lake and is good for all skill levels. The trail is primarily used for hiking, walking, and trail running and is accessible year-round. Dogs are also able to use this trail but must be kept on leash.

Nice maintained trail. Easy.

Clean well marked trails along the pathways. It wasn’t clear that half the trails are on the other side of the road. We plan to go back and walk the other one.

We only met 2 other hikers on the trail. Perfect for my 4yo and 2yo. Nice spot about the halfway point we stopped for a picnic. My 2yo rode her strider bike most of the trail. The last quarter mile they were ready to be done. But that is my idea of a successful hike.

Great easy loop. You can do both hikes from one parking lot. Don’t expect too much but it’s a nice spot to get out of town and into nature! Follow all our adventure on Instagram @themicrotourists!

Nice, easy trail. Some beautiful foliage. Not great views of the lake, but some nice places to stop and relax along the way.

Nice easy trail fir the kids. However, it has loads of dogs and dogs off leash. My child almost got attacked a couple weeks ago. And the trail is so loaded with dog poop especially the north part of the trail that it stinks to even try to hike around it.

great for younger kids! there are a couple decent spots with views but other then that you are in the woods and the Trail is easy to follow.

This short easy Trail is great for families, kids, and dogs. Lots of shade, and the wild flowers are blooming. There are several benches along the trail, an Overlook with a peak of Hayden Lake, and a beautiful little Boardwalk to cross. If you take your dog be sure to bring doggie bags and pack out their business

Though this is a nice trail for exercise or getting outdoors in general, it's not my fav. Way too crowded. Muddy. Lots of bikers, horses and joggers. I found it very strange that there is no view of Hayden Lake even though it is super close to it! Not a place I would frequent unless I lived nearby.

Perfect to take my 3 and 5 yo. We counted butterflies (9 of them). They were ready to be done at the end of the short trail but it was definitely not challenging. A little muddy in spots but over all a good trail. I’d go again.

Perfect, hike with 3yr old and 4 yr old boys. They had a lot of fun on this easy hike. Short enough so they stay on course but still let's them explore nature. Still pretty muddy but that was their favorite part. Also it stays pretty cool on the trail from trees so its perfect for the warmer months ahead.
Also I'd say stroller friendly if you have a jogger with one big front wheel!

Nice hike for an Easter Sunday with the family. A bit muddy in places but overall a very nice trail.

Great local hike! Hard to find a good hike in March in North Idaho.

Wednesday, September 20, 2017

Nice hike. Trails well marked. Was hoping to see a few better views of the lake.

Wednesday, July 05, 2017

A nice running trail, or a good trail for young kids. My 2 year old needed the backpack but my 5 and 7 year old had no problem.

Friday, June 02, 2017

Very fun trail and not to long. Perfect trail for my 2 boys

Sunday, May 21, 2017

It was pretty muddy but a very good hike with a few different routes you can take with some breathtaking views. My son definently enjoyed the mud

Sunday, May 21, 2017

Much less muddy than the yellow loop. A very nice and relaxing walk.

Saturday, May 20, 2017

a bit muddy but a great hike with the kiddos.

Thursday, February 09, 2017

I took a morning stroll around the red loop. The snow is starting to melt, and I had to wade in puddles occasionally. I was fortunate to have snow boots on. There were deer all over.

Monday, January 02, 2017

just ran the snow covered red and grey loops today, very nice trail system!

Wednesday, December 21, 2016

A great hiking trail, just like red loop. This one is quicker but brings you to a lot of the same scenery. It's a very basic trail that would be great for young children or just a quick hike when you need to get out of the house. The only downside is everytime I've hiked this trail it usually has other people on it. Otherwise a great and fun hiking trail.

Wednesday, December 14, 2016

English Point Red Trail is the definitely the quicker of the two trails at English Point. It like the Yellow trail has a nice wide trail which is nice when jogging as well as the trail is for the most part free of rocks or obstructions.

Wednesday, November 09, 2016

Great trail for a quick hike. Love this place because with my super busy life sometimes it is hard to go on the super long trails. This one helps me keep in touch with nature! Awesome trail

Wednesday, November 09, 2016

I love this place because there are so many different trails that you can take. There are different trails for taking your horses or just walking on the main trails. There is also a option for a longer or shorter walk, which is awesome! One of my faves!

Monday, September 05, 2016

This is an easily accessed trail with a nice path. I was forewarned about the popularity of dogs on this trail; the warm sun shine reinforced the scent canine visitors. Overall, a nice moderate hike.