Eagle Foothills Ridge Loop

Eagle Foothills Ridge Loop is a 4.9 mile lightly trafficked loop trail located near Eagle, Idaho that features beautiful wild flowers and is rated as moderate. The trail offers a number of activity options and is accessible year-round. Dogs and horses are also able to use this trail.

Great run especially going clockwise. The ups are in a lot of sand, but worth it once you hit the ridge. Great valley views and then some great downhill bombing at the end. Great loop and even more fun to do it twice.

This was my first time on this trail. I would not recommend going up the middle. It is nothing but sand and makes for a very difficult trail run. When I finished a couple told me about the loop on top of the ridge and not a ton of sand. So I will have to try that.

My most favorite trail run. There are two parts, the shorter route cuts through the middle of the canyon (~4mi). That's a sand bed. I typically take the trail to the left, either up the very steep hill or go around it, to the north and meet up with the main loop. Coming down the middle is only easier on the sand, slightly, going downhill. Avoid the middle altogether and do the full 5 mile loop.

Overall it was a nice, not busy at all for a Saturday afternoon, we only passed one other group on horseback. If you start left at the trailhead the first mile and a half is thru loose sand which was hard to walk in and wore us out, it almost made us turn back. If you can get past that then the rest of the hike is cake. If you go right at the trailhead then its uphill for a mile and a half. The view from the top was nice but there’s no shade at all and no natural water, it’s definitely a desert hike. My Fitbit said it was only 3.8 miles also. I probably won’t go again, it’s better suited for horseback riding.