Dry Creek - Shingle Creek Loop

Dry Creek - Shingle Creek Loop is a 13.8 mile lightly trafficked loop trail located near Boise, Idaho that offers scenic views. The trail is rated as difficult and primarily used for hiking, walking, trail running, and backpacking. Dogs are also able to use this trail.

I love this trail in the spring and fall! The views from the junction out across the valley are beautiful. The Shingle Creek drainage is quite a bit steeper than Dry Creek, and mountain bikes have worn the trail into a V, so it's a fairly technical downhill run.

My roommate and I just did this today. went up Dry Gulch and down Shingle. Awesome terrain and scenery change on the way up. Goes from plains desert to lush greenery to high altitude pine forest. Go early morning this time of year! Mormon Crickets we're in full force on the way back around 11:00am. The whole hike took a little over 4 hours.

beautiful trail

It was the perfect hike this past Saturday. The sun was shining, the Sheep were grazing on the hill side. A few rocky areas but it was great! our dogs loved it too... tho I picked 1 tick off of my Dane later that evening.

This trail kicked my ass last summer. It didn't help that my buddy and I started hiking at 4:30pm, assuming the 95 degree temperature would drop. It didn't. It took us six hours to complete the loop, but I'm very slow up the steep sections. Still, a very scenic foothills trail and a great workout.

great hike.